PART 7

While wandering deeper into the forest , Mary-Ann and I had came across many friendly mystical creatures. A special emphasis on the word friendly as they caused us no harm throughout the journey.
I can recall Mary-Ann and I crossing paths with venomous vampires, weary werewolves , wretched warlocks , haughty hybrids, frivolous fairies and demon hearted dragons. I also had a strange reoccurring nightmare and recollection about visiting a lagoon of mermaids, let's just say they were not as beautiful as I had imagined or at least hoped for them to be as there was not a bit of interchangeable resemblance with how mermaids are portrayed and casted on the big screen. The lagoon mermaids were the exact opposite of beautiful, their faces resembled sin and if not death itself.
Mary-Ann had awoken from her dead-like sleep-like state when we arrived before a hollow tree root bridge covered with luminous fireflies .
When she fully collected herself, Mary-Ann did what any normal human being would do, she tried to adjust and make sense of her environment . The last thing she remembered doing was foolishly following a path of white glowing feathers, so she held on to that memory and kept on replaying it in her head as if her life had depended on it, well in this case it actually did. Mary-Ann clung and hung on to that memory in hopes that it would give her the closure that she so desperately needed in order to help her make sense of  her unorthodox journey into the forest .
Mary-Ann then heard a chime and looked down on her timepiece. It was now 3 AM, commonly known as the witching hour in Mystic Falls; the town which is allegedly birthed of Magic.
The witching hour is the time of night when the veil between life and death was at it's thinnest, allowing spirits and ghosts to travel between the world of the living and that of the dead . Legend has it that supernaturals grow more powerful at this time of night so there was no telling or swearing for any series of events that might have played out within that hour. Shortly after a big glowing light appeared from a distance , closing in on Mary-Ann and I .
It was Damian but he looked-- different.
He had a set of wings and a golden halo on his head.
"How could something appear to be so good , but be so bad? " , blurted Mary-Ann.
Damian revealed to her that he's a Nephilim and that the forest is the place he considers to be his home.
( A nephilim is an offspring of an angel and an earthly woman.)

Damian got a grip of Mary-Ann's hand and together they strolled deeper into the forest towards the school jock party he had invited her to. Mary-Ann was then introduced to a young prodigy from the Turks and Caicos Islands, the famous DJ Taylo Hype herself .