The Weird Hen

A body of a tanned martial artist wrapped in yellow cloth flew past multiple rows of his disciples and slammed into a large Buddhist statue. King Chappa fell down on his bottom and looked up at the ghoulish, pale boy floating up in front of him with a submissive stare as he knew that he no longer had the stamina to get back up nor the will to fight this mysterious opponent.

"King Chappa! They beat King Chappa!" a rustle spread amongst the disciples, inviting the honored martial artist to then rise back on his feet and wipe the blood drooling off over his lush beard.

"You've cheated. This was no honorable martial arts fight!" King Chappa declared. "I cannot allow some mystical cheater to claim the gem that the Bodhichapati holds in his eight arms!" the martial artist pointed back at the massive statue looming behind him that he had just slammed into and left some cracks by the statue's knees. Cradled in all eight of the hands of the divinity that the statue portrayed was a Dragon Ball.

"This is total rubbish! You got beat and you know it!" Bulma pointed at King Chappa with an accusatory tone. "Now hold your part of the deal and hand us the Dragon Ball!" she demanded perhaps a little bit abusing the welcome that the monastery in which King Chappa raised and trained his pupils as well as performed his spiritual duties showed the Dragon Team.

"Was it just because I used my telekinesis to fight?" Chiaotzu bent his head to the side like a curious puppy. His lips swirled like a boiled string of pasta as he had blamed himself for the fact that the Dragon Team lost out on the opportunity to obtain their fifth Dragon Ball. "Because I can fight without it..."

"You foul monster! Look at you floating over the ground, you'd still cheat as you're doing right now!" one of the monks appeared to buy into King Chappa's hogwash, displaying himself as quite the trustworthy piece of ragged cloth for his master.

"B-But that's how I normally walk..." Chiaotzu leaned back in mid-air, landing on the floor and trying to get used to walking around normally. Judging from his unnatural movements down on the floor, he'd be at a great disadvantage fighting this way.

"Forget it..." King Chappa said. "This is pointless anyway. Now that you've weakened me with your foul mystical powers I could never fight you fairly as this competition demands it. Begone from my monastery and feel glad that you were shown the welcome you've experienced here."

"I still don't understand why I didn't get to fight..." Muten Roshi scratched his bald head. "I don't float and I could have given you more than you've bargained..."

King Chappa turned to Muten Roshi with a square look but did not reply, likely because he couldn't word his worry over confronting the world-renowned Muten Roshi in a martial arts competition over a Dragon Ball to make himself sound honorable in front of his students.

"Do you have anything useful to add?" Bulma turned to Launch who just gasped, in her blue-haired form.

"M-Me? Oh my... I... I'm not a fighter... Gee... I don't even..." she gulped and panted in anxiety over being spoken to by another human being.

"You must understand, if we don't get our hands on this Dragon Ball, the whole world will be in trouble!" Puar floated over to King Chappa who just crossed his arms over his chest and stared up at the floating kitten with a swollen left eye at the spot where Chiaotzu kicked him during their short scuffle. "Demon King Piccolo intends to kill all martial artists and take over the world as he's done in the past!"

"I have heard of this Demon King you speak of. He was sealed into a rice cooker, everybody knows that!" King Chappa dismissed Puar's attempts at reasoning with him. "You're just trying to frighten me into giving you the gem and that will simply never happen. The martial artists of this monastery will not be frightened by any enemy."