((9))

Hero

SomeSouthParkFan

Well I've had my exam and I should have the results in a few days. They also called the police on my dad. Karen told them everything. I really hope they lock him up for a long time because if they don't I'm really going to get it. Karen and I are on our way back home. I'm still trying to process her being a prostitute.

"Here we were Ken." Karen announces as we arrive back to the hell hole. We get out of the truck and head into the house. As soon as we walk in we see mom and Kevin sitting on the couch in the living room. Mom doesn't look too happy. She stands up.

"So you took your dad's truck without permission?" She asks Karen.

"It was an emergency. Your son needed medical attention, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that." She rolls her eyes and sits next to Kevin. Mom then focuses her attention on me.

"In most cases I usually defend you, but this time you've gone too far. What you did was unforgivable!"

I'm in shock as I don't know why she's so angry with me. "What did I do?"

"You had your father arrested for raping you." I look down. "Your father didn't rape you!"

"I wouldn't make that up mom. He raped me earlier tonight. That's why Karen took me to the hospital. I was bleeding pretty badly."

"You're such a liar Kenny."

"I'm not lying."

"Your father would NEVER rape you!"

"How could you say that? You walked in on him the other day when he tried to force me to suck his…you know what."

"I don't remember such a thing."

I start to tear up. "Are you serious? You came in my room and then you said you didn't want to get involved and I begged you to stay and help me, but you left anyway."

"I don't recall that."

"The alcohol must be frying her brain." I hear Karen whisper to Kevin as he snickers.

"Stay out of this Karen!" Mom barks. "This is between Kenny and me." She glares at me. "We're going down to the police station right now."

"For what?" I ask.

"You're going to tell them the truth. You're going to tell them that your father didn't rape you and get him out of jail!" Mom walks towards the door. I look down, but don't follow. I can't lie, I just can't. "Kenny, let's go right now! Haven't you cost this family enough grief?" She grabs my arm and drags me towards the door. "Come on goddamn it!"

I jerk my arm away. "No!" I say as I back up slowly.

Mom stops in her tracks. She turns and looks at me. "What did you say?"

I gulp. "I-I said…no." I whisper the no. "Mom, I've been trying to tell you that dad is always doing things to hurt me. He beats me up every day." Mom gives me an angry look. I see Karen stand up. "If he's not beating me up, he forces me to perform some kind of sexual act. It's disgusting mom!" I start to tear up again. "Now, I'm really sorry you think I'm causing the family grief, but I can't go down there and lie. The police will look at me as an immature kid who's crying wolf."