((14))

Hero

SomeSouthParkFan

I slump down to the ground and continue bawling. I can't believe he broke up with me. I wish I could tell him what really happened between Craig and me. I don't want him to keep thinking that I cheated on him when I really didn't. I hear someone come in the bathroom. I really hope it's not Stan, I don't want him to see me like this. I hear whoever came in approaching me.

"Kenny?"

I look up, and see Butters. Oh no! I start shaking. "S-stay away from me." I whisper.

"Kenny…" He bends down and tries to place his hand on my shoulder. I quickly back away from him.

"Get away from me!" I start crying even harder. "Just leave me alone."

"Oh my God, are you afraid of me?" I nod slowly. "Please don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you."

"You hurt me before, and I know you'll do it again." I sob even harder. "Please don't hurt me Butters, just go away! Leave me alone!"

"Look, I'm sorry I hurt you before. I didn't have a choice. It was all Craig, he was threatening me. You know what he's capable of."

You don't know the half of it. "Because of you and Craig, I lost Stan." I cry a little more. "He thinks I'm cheating on him and it's not true."

"I'm sorry about Stan, I really am. Maybe you two just weren't meant to be. You'll find another guy."

"I don't want another guy, I want Stan." I continue sobbing. He puts his hand on my shoulder, but I quickly pull away.

"Kenny, I'm not going to hurt you. You have to believe that. I would never intentionally hurt someone."

"Please just leave me alone. I want to be by myself."

"You don't need to be by yourself right."

"Please Butters, I really want to be alone. What if Stan comes in here and sees us together? He's really going to think I cheated."

Butters stands up defeated. "I understand Kenny. Just whatever you do, be careful." With that he leaves. What did he mean by "be careful"? I hear the bell ring, ending first period. I guess I'll go to second period, but I'll wait until after the bell rings just to be on the safe side.

After five minutes, I hear the second bell ring. Good, everyone should be in class now. I know I'm going to get in trouble for coming in late without a pass. Oh well, at least I know I'll make it without getting my ass kicked.

I take a look in the mirror. My eyes are red and puffy from all the crying I've done. Oh well, I can't let this situation take over my life. I walk out of the bathroom and head to my history class. I walk in while Mr. Monroe is lecturing. He stops and he and the rest of the class stare at me. "Thank you for joining us Mr. McCormick."

"Sorry I'm late sir. I left my book at home, so I went to get it." Lie.

He narrows his eyes at me. I guess that means detention. "Okay Mr. McCormick, I'm going to let you slide with a warning…this time. Have a seat."