Stage 8: Mangoes of Love

"And this is Mister Charlie and his family," I sighed at the last family I introduced from this Kingdom. Honestly, this man was seriously persistent and I cannot believe that I just followed his wishes of introducing him to all the people I knew. I already knew that I was pouting and I will not remove this show of displeasure from my face just to show him how upset I was. He will get me in trouble from my family.

The prince had a smug look on his face. He flicked my forehead making me groan at him. "Impressive; the Kingdom has a population of 10,588 including the royal family and some foreigners who stayed here for business relations. You presented me with 229 individuals, a job well done Cinder."

I glared at him. The way he said it made me feel like he was mocking me. "Something tells me that you know every single one of these people already."

Prince Charles gasped. "Are you accusing me of making you believe that I know almost no one from the citizens I rule and made you introduce me to those who you know only for you to realize that I deceived you just to spend my time this whole day with you for my amusement? But Cinder! You cannot possibly view me in such a cruel way. I can never do that to you."

He was looking at me in such an innocent way almost covering his misleading schemes but I was not going to be swindled again. "Give it up, I already know."

I greeted my teeth at him when he tilted his head in wonder as if he did not know what I was talking about. I was getting seriously annoyed by the fact that he was acting all oblivious and I was still attracted to his charms and because of that, I had divulged something out because of my frustrations. "Please stop using your charm out of this mess because I will never forgive myself if I get tricked again!" I blurted out. I was glaring at him and the impact of my words only hit me when a teasing smirk formed its way on his lips.

"You really find me charming?" he teased.

A blush formed in my cheeks and I had to groan once again because of my shameful words. Well there was no use in moping for spilled milk; I had to take responsibility for losing my head and throwing out relevant information about my attractiveness towards him making me less manly that I already was. I looked at him straight in the eyes as I tried to stomp on my bashfulness. I crossed my arms in front of my chest and glared up at him. "And what if I was? Don't tell me this is your first time finding someone who sees you attractive?"

The prince shook his head. "I just feel flattered that the love of my life views me in such a way and not throws his body in my arms and let me have my wicked ways with him. I really like a good challenge," he chirped like he did not talk about his lustful nights to me. I just stared at him like a gaping fish. My mouth was opened slightly and my body froze in place. How can he say that without stuttering?! The prince moved his body closer; his manly scent ruling my nostrils as he pushed my jaw up with his index finger. "You better close that, I'm sure you would not like to get something hot and hard going in."

With that said, the oxygen was legitimately cut off from my system. I slapped his chest and was about to storm away from him when he suddenly grabbed my wrist like he already knew what I was going to do. "But of course that's if you don't like a good sweet and salty pretzel, so how about it? I know a good store that sells the best pretzel."

I just felt like a perverted idiot now.

"You were-weren't talking about-"

"Did I say throbbing? Don't jump into any conclusions my love; it makes me wonder what dirty thoughts are roaming inside your mind."

I would like to slap myself. I was too speechless and weak that I just let the prince drag me to that pretzel store he was talking about. The scent of the baked goods filled my senses and I watched the prince buy pretzels not only for the two of us but for his men as well. The soldiers thanked him and he gave me one long warm pretzel. "Now then, let's do your grocery shall we?" he stated and took my hand.