Stage 19: Say Yes, Say Yes

Cinder and Charles really needed to get married...

I will be disappearing not next year, not next month, but within this week...

If I can't get those two in the way in which the Fairy Tale Organization wanted, I will permanently lose my job AND someone will replace me.

Nope, I can't accept that, I will be the only fairy godfather who will handle this fairy tale and Cinder WILL get his happily ever after within this week.

I watched Cinder from above a rooftop as he made his merry little way towards the bakery shop which was owned by the old woman who obviously adored Cinder.

I will ask my adorable godchild if he was ready to marry Charles and if his reason for marrying Charles was because of my sake again then I was so screwed. I will not have Cinder marry someone because of me. "Fuck the history repeats itself", I will not let Cinder's love life be a disaster like Charming's. My hand tightened around my dildo when I remembered the conversation I had with Charming last night. Even if I knew that Charming did it for me, I don't think I can do anything about the love he had for me. I worked on Cinderella and Charming's fairy tale with my mother and that woman did everything so that Cinderella will get her happiness. I think she was ready to disown me if ever I did something that would go against Cinderella's happiness. I was so focused on making my mother happy by making Cinderella happy that I disregarded Charming's feelings. Sure, he was the guy who chased after a masked woman in the ball. I made him do it and Charming, being the lost little child he was, obeyed me.

He always obeyed me and...

I was too foolish to see what was going on in his heart...

I waited for Cinder to leave the bakery and when he appeared, I poof some clothes on to cover my glorious nudity and jumped down from the window. Cinder was startled when I jumped out of nowhere and landed in front of him. I felt rather cool when I did that. I felt like I was from an action movie. Well, what can I say?

Greetings, I am Thor, son of Odin.

Yes, I will definitely make a good actor.

"Oh my Lord, Thomas you shouldn't strain yourself! You know you're getting weak and..." Cinder stopped his sentence. His expression turned from a scowl to a saddened one. Yes, of course. Before I stopped Charles from committing suicide, Cinder and I had a conversation about my departure after his marriage and it would seem that it still bothered him greatly.

"Let's talk, Cinder," I told him.

Cinder nodded and I offered my arm for him to grab on. He slipped his hand over my bicep and held me. The two of us just walked on the busy streets, watching the people work for a living. "Look, I know I said that you will do me a huge favor if you marry the prince and it'll be a great gift for my departure but...I don't want you to marry the prince for my sake."

Cinder's eyes widened a little and I guess that he was planning something that I do not like and it'll be another mistake on my part. "I...It is true that I was planning to marry the prince for you but it is not only for you but for me as well," Cinder answered. He then gave me the happiest smile that I have ever seen since we've met. "I've been thinking...You gave me an opportunity to have a better life. You...my fairy godfather gave me a gift that changed my life." Cinder faced me and took my hand. "And that is a pathway towards the Prince. You are the bridge between us and it would be shameful on my part if I don't use that gift. I...I really love the Prince and it is time for me to move from the middle of this pathway and meet the end...an end in which I wish the bridge would not fall after I walked on it."

I cupped Cinder's face and looked at his teary eyes. "You know that you will always be in here right?" I told him and placed his hand over the top of my chest where my heart lies. It was really aching right now. It was aching from both happiness and sadness.