Stage 9: Thomas' plan of mischief

It was such a delightful morning. I waltzed towards my bathroom and started to shower. I will be going to the market once again to purchase some groceries. My step mother ordered me or rather pretended to ask me a favor to buy some mangoes and she had sweetly said that we will all share it and my share will be of larger quantity since mango was my favorite fruit. If only she knew that I was already drowning myself in the sweetness of that yellow treat and I need not to bother sharing it with them since they had always been selfish about food especially to mangoes.

The mangoes that were brought by the prince three days ago were easily swept away by my whirlpool of an appetite and I was afraid that I would have a tummy ache because of it. I have the feeling that the prince will spoil me if we ever become a couple...not that I was imagining him and me being together oh no sir!

I sidestepped from the spray of the shower and began to lather my hair with shampoo. I closed my eyes and hummed. As I was about to move once again to the spray of water, I bumped into a figure and produced an unmanly shriek. My eyes shot open and widened from the sight of Thomas with all his leaf gloriousness. Goodness...was the glue he had used to paste that leaf waterproof?

Interesting...

"Thomas! What in the world are you doing here?!" I whispered in panic.

Thomas grinned. A soap suddenly appeared out of nowhere and rubbed itself on the man's muscular and broad back.

"What do you think I'm doing?" He asked.

"Honestly..."I sighed. I looked down on the leaf between his legs and mustered up the courage to ask him about it. "Hey Thomas, can I ask you something very inappropriate? It just got to my curiosity."

"Sure, what is it?"

I bit my bottom lip and shifted my eyes away from his gorgeous ones. "That leaf between your legs...does it ever come off?"

Awkwardness ruled the bathroom with only the spray of the cold water opposing the almost deafening silence.

Not a minute later, Thomas' burst into laughter. "Oh my God, don't tell me that this leaf has you curious ever since we've met?"

A blush formed its way on my cheeks. "Well...it just made me curious you know? Do you somehow apply a special glue to keep it in place?"

Thomas laughed again. "Dear Cinder, your curiosity will harm you someday you know?" Thomas kept a grin on his lips before continuing. "It comes off when I'm making love and magic holds it off so no matter how many times you pull at it, your arms will come off first before it even budge."

My lips formed an 'o' in the new information. "That's a bit weird. But what is the purpose of that leaf?"

Thomas shrugged. "It keeps my erection sated so that means it will be harder for me to get sexually aroused thus making my job easier to manage without the urge to have sex with our godchildren. You see, all of those children whose love life we are to handle are very beautiful much like yourself. So even though we are magical beings, we still get aroused."

"But what happens if you do get the leaf off?" I asked.

Thomas let out an unsure smile. "There is no such event in the history of our race but in my knowledge then that means that we have found love amongst our godchildren which is illegal. We will be substituted and put on rehabilitation for a decade."

I frowned. "That doesn't seem to be right or nice. You help people get their happily ever after but you yourself can't get one?"

Thomas chuckled. "The council decides who our godchildren are supposed to end up with. We cannot hinder that because of our own feelings, Cinder."