"Truth"

Truth is the daughter of time, not of authority ~ Francis Bacon

Chapter 16: Truth
October 15th
Wednesday
4:03am

Jai'yanna's POV:

I lost Kane in the sewers the other night. He shot at me twice but when I shot back I heard my bullet hit him, I just know it did. I bit at my nails just thinking how could I let him get away again.

I managed to pull Jr to safety even as the sewer line blew up. It smelled worse than anything you could imagine and alot of innocent people lost their lives.

Kids, Women and the Elderly, 3 things my mafia doesn't allow to happen happened and it did all to the expense of the great chase.I sat on the top of my desk in the warehouse just plotting and wondering what's Faith next move better yet Kane's.

"Boss man line 2!", Paris yelled out.

I clicked on my ear piece instantly. "Hello."

Phone Call w Da God Father🦍🥱

"So the table has decided to move your coronation to this week. Congrats your officially going to be a high ranking profile on Saturday ." Jaylen voiced.

"So what does that mean about Kane?"

"It means prepare for the worst or die at his feet."

"There testing me aren't they?
See how much I'm really worth?"

"They want to know that your worth what their willing to invest. This job can take you to the next level in life. We'd share the same power, immunity. Two of us in one family, we can create a dynasty so big that we will be able to control more than just blocks but entire states even countries."

"You prepared for it all huh?" I shook my head."So where in this do we involve the family.This don't seem like no family business no more! What it seems like is how you keep your status."

"Welcome to the BIG LEAGUES LITTLE SIS! You ain't playing for the little league no more it's bigger than mob, nigga. An ain't nothing bigger than the program! So shape up and be ready to ship out Kane is coming to Kill and so are we."

He hung up.

I kicked my feet up and laughed.

"Team I have an announcement-"

"Oh brother." Wesley rolled his eyes.

"Roman can you help me up?" Adam winced as he raised his left arm up to stand up off the floor. He was shot at on this last mission luckily it didn't pierce through his bones but he still has long ways to go.

"I know that look. We're about to die again y'all." Paris rolled her eyes. "Can we just get 1 more life filled day damn."

"Actually we have 3. My coronation will be on Saturday 10pm-4am. This is the fight we've been preparing for our entire time as a team. Lucky for us we won't be alone. I know I haven't been around lately for the last couple of ventures because of this new position-"