Chapter 35

Hope has been in the living room, waiting for her father to get home - for almost three hours already -  before she sleeps. The invitation letter from Phoenix she has printed out two days ago is in her hand, tapping on the table. Her eyes constantly checks the time.

"Malapit lang 'to. Thirty minutes mula dito sa bahay." Nana commented while her eyes fixed on her own invitation. Hope nodded in affirmation while staring blankly into space.

"Gagabihin pala tayo dito, ala cinco ang start?" Nana asked which is obviously written on the letter. Hope looked at the invitation and nodded again.

"May iba din po kasing gagamit ng venue, recital naman po ng ibang class and kami po ang last."

They heard a car from the outside and Nana immediately walked to the main gate and pressed a button to automatically open it. They waited for Aga to enter the house before Hope stood up.

"Bakit gising pa kayo? Nana paki direcho naman nito sa office ko." Aga ordered as he gave his suitcase and other folders to Nana. Nana throw Hope an encouraging look before heading to Aga's office.

"Dad." Hope said. She's just standing on his side since he came in.

"Why are you still up?" he asked while walking up to his room. 

"I actually waited for you to give this." Hope said as she followed him. Aga stopped and so she did, to see what his daughter is handing him. He literally did facepalm upon seeing the invitation.

"Oh, I forgot... I'm sorry I can't make it tomorrow, you can bring Nana instead." he said and continue walking inside his room and Hope followed still.

"But dad, it's our artwork exhibit, everyone will be attending with their families and friends." she explained trying to convince him. He's still on his business suit. He removed his gray coat and loosen his stripes tie.

"Lianne, I need to head back to the office tomorrow by dawn. I haven't packed my things yet kasi nga bigla--" he sighed upon seeing his daughter's disappointed look.

"I know, I'm sorry I'll miss it again... Look, I'll make it up to you after this--"

"It's okay... Sige po, good night." Hope said and turned her back because tears were beginning to blur her vision. Aga was left in awe, he looked down and bit his lip out of dismay. Then he expelled a sigh and shook his head several times.

He came back fixing himself instead and packing his things for an early meeting and out of town business trip tomorrow. He should be in the office before the clock ticks 5.

~~

Hope left his room and wiped the tears from her cheeks. She inhaled deeply before walking back to her room and saw Lea coming on her way. Lea was looking at her in worry that she immediately avoided and hurriedly walked towards her room. She hates that look from anybody. She doesn't like it when others worry or pity her. Let alone her mother.

Lea was on her way to Aga's room so she can inform him on her schedule the coming week but of course with some white lies so she can sneak out to her doctor for maybe an hour. She saw her daughter came out from Aga's room in tears? She was about to come near her when Hope turned her gaze away and walked passed her. Her gaze followed her direction —wondering what happened. Then she remembered going to Aga's room but stopped herself, the two must have a little misunderstanding and they might need some time alone so she just went back to her room.

~~

"Good morning po Ma'am." Nana greeted with a smile when she saw Lea coming.

"Good morning Nana." Lea greeted back with a smile as she came near the table. She really woke up early to help make some breakfast.