The interview

And with that said the show was cut off...

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down with everything that had happened. In a way I felt relieved, but I knew it wouldn't be for long. Fred managed to get into the studio, he was furious! He stormed over to me and pushed me back, with my back against the wall. I tried to push him away but he grabbed my wrist. I could see te rage in his eyes.
"You.." Fred snapped at me. "How could you do this? After everything I did for you? After everything the network did for you?!"
In the corner of my eye I saw security coming our way. I tried to free myself from his grip, but he wouldn't let go.
"You have brought this upon your self." I replied.
The security guards pulled Fred away from me, freeing me from his grip. He tried to break free, but luckily didn't manage to do so.
"Listen Alex. This is not over! If I go down, I'm taking you down with me!" Fred yelled before being dragged out of the studio.
I was right the relieve managed to stay there for a few lovely seconds.

"Alex, are you okay?" Bradley asked.
I took a deep breath. "Yeah, I'm fine."
I made my way over to my dressing room and Bradley followed me. "Why did you just do that? I mean, I'm happy you did but why?" Bradley asked.
I stopped, turning around. "I don't know why I did that, it was an impulse. Like when I choose you to be the new co anchor."
"I thought you didn't want the story on the show." Bradley added.
"Yeah but then Chip got fired and now that Hannah is fucking death I, I didn't know what else to do!" I snapped.
I arrived at my dressing room and once I was inside I slammed the door shut. I sat down om my couch, putting my hands to my head. I sat there for a while, thinking about how I didn't think I would ever be able to leave this room again. I don't want to face the world, I'm sick of it. I couldn't even look on my phone. For the first time I was actually terrified of what people would say about me.

When I finally calmed myself down a little, someone knocked on my door.
"Go away!" I yelled.
"Well I'm not going to." Cory replied before opening the door. "I'm honestly impressed by what you just did."
Cory made his way over to me, sitting down beside me. I stood up, not wanting to be near him, and walked over to my dressing table. I glanced over at myself in te mirror.
"I never thought Alex Levy would end her career for a death girl." Cory added.
I took a few steps towards him, looking him right in the eyes. "Excuse me?"
"You know what I mean, you probably don't even know who Hannah is." Cory said.
"She was the head booker!" I said. "What are you even doing here?"
Cory smiled, walking up to me. "Can't I check on my favorite co-worker." Cory responded. "All right, I'm not here because of that. I was wondering if you read any articles?"
I shook my head. I haven't read any articles yet, and I wasn't really planning on doing so.
"You see. They aren't just about Fred, or Mitch. Most of them are actually about you. You remember the story about you walking trough the hallways at night, they have a video of you screaming to a man. Right before you went on air. They are claiming that you lost your mind." Cory explained.
I began to walk around, this is bad! Really bad!
"Alex, calm down, wait until you hear the rest. There are the obvious stories, like you where a victim of Mitch." Cory added.
"I'm not a victim!" I snapped.
"Don't worry, others say you two were just sleeping together. Too bad you haven't announced your divorce yet. They would love that for their stories! A few articles actually stand behind you, but what is the fun of mentioning that?" Cory said.
I really tried to hold my tears back, unsure if they were from anger or sadness. "Why are you telling me this?"
Cory took a step forward. "We wanted to get rid of you for months, but then Mitch got fired. So this is our change to finally get rid of you. It was hard before, I mean America loved you. But now, now you are basically digging your own grave."
Cory scoffed before leaving the room. I sat down at my dressing table and looked in the mirror. What happened to me? Even though I won't amid it to anyone else, even though I keep denying it to myself. I'm broken, and I have been for a while. Mitch didn't destroy me, I did and I'm the only one who can save me! So, I need to get my shit together. I won't let Fred, Cory or anyone else destroy what I worked so fucking hard for. I stood up and left my dressing room, to go home. On my way out everyone was staring at me. Marlon and a few others tried to talk to me.
"Just leave me the hell alone!" I snapped before leaving the chaotic building.
I entered the car and drove home.

I was looking outside when my phone rang again, it was Jason. I denied the call. When I looked at my phone it had blown up. I read a few headlines: "Alex Levy is losing it, More than just co-workers, Alex Levy victim of  sexual misconduct. Truth-teller Alex Levy." 
I also missed a lot of calls, among them was a call from Lizzy. I immediately called her back.
"Hey Honey, I'm so happy you called" I said.
"Mom, are you okay?" Lizzy asked. "A lot has happened lately, but I'm fine." I answered.
"I'm so sorry what happened," Lizzy said. "I'm proud of you for being honest. Perhaps I could come over tomorrow? You know, so we can talk things over."
I could really use something good in my life right now.
"Of course you can come over, I'd love that." I replied.

When I arrived home I went straight to the kitchen for a drink.
"Oh shit!" I said when I saw Jason sitting on the couch. "What the hell are you doing here, you can't keep doing this. Especially now that we were getting divorced."
"I'm sorry Alex, but I had to talk to you." Jason said.
I sat down on one of the chairs.
"I think we should wait with announcing our divorce." Jason explained.