Let's have a talk

"I think we should wait with announcing our divorce." Jason explained.
I looked at him, slightly confused.
"Listen, I read the articles. It won't be beneficial if we announce it now. We have been doing this marriage thing for years. I think I can handle a few more months." Jason added.
I stood up and sat down next to him "Really, you want to do that for me?" I asked.
"It's the least I can do right now." Jason replied.
Jason gave me a hug and we sat down on the couch for a while. It felt comforting, familiar. I'm honestly sad that our marriage didn't work out. He really was the love of my life. It didn't take too long before I fell asleep. I was exhausted.

When I woke up it was already the next day. I noticed Jason was no longer here. I stood up and took a shower. After I got dressed I went to the kitchen for breakfast. I grabbed my phone and saw Bradley called me, at least four times. It's probably important so I decided to call her back. Damn it, voicemail: "Hey, Uh.. I saw you called me quite a few times. So please call me back." I said.

The doorbell rang, that should be Lizzy I thought. I rushed over to the door and opened it. I walked over to my daughter and gave her a hug. Gosh I missed this.
"I'm so glad you wanted to come." I said.
"Yeah me too." Lizzy responded.
"I was about to eat breakfast, do you want anything?" I asked.
Lizzy shook her head. "No thanks, can we just talk."
I looked a little confused. "Uh.. yeah of course, let's sit down."
We went to the living room and sat down on the couch.
"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked.
Lizzy took a deep breath, she seemed a little uncomfortable. "Honey, what's going on? Are you okay?" I asked.
It took a few seconds before Lizzy said anything, it almost seemed like she didn't want to say it.
"Did you sleep with Mitch?" Lizzy asked.
I did not expect her to ask that question, I was flabbergasted to say the least. "Sorry what?!"
"Did you cheat on dad?" Lizzy added.
I grabbed her hand, but she pulled it away.
"Listen that is not why your dad and I are getting a divorce, we don't feel the same way about each other anymore. We haven't for years" I explained.
Lizzy was getting upset.
"Oh my god, so you did sleep with him!" Lizzy snapped.
I shook my head. "I'm not saying that."
"Yeah but you're not denying it!" Lizzy added. 
I really didn't know what to say. "Mom listen, I know articles are just articles. However, it would make sense. I mean dad loves you, he would do anything for you!" Lizzy said, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I just want the truth.... from you!"
I just sat there in silence, I really hoped we could work things out between us. It was probably too soon, and sadly the situation made things only worse. Lizzy sat back down on the couch.
"Do you have any idea how hard it is to read those things about you?The worst part is that they are more than just rumors. Most of them can be true, or are true and you know it!" Lizzy said.
I took a few deep breaths. "Listen, I really can't do this right now. I had hoped we could make things right between us." 
"Not without the truth!" Lizzy snapped. "You're always busy and stressed! It's never the right time for you. I was so stupid to think you would actually talk to me, it was a huge mistake coming here."
Lizzy stood up and walked to the door.
Oh god.. I stood up and followed her.
"All right you want to hear the truth," I said. "I slept with Mitch. But it was never my intention to cheat on your father! Not everything is black and white. Sometimes it's gray and complicated."
I took a deep breath, trying not to break down crying. Lizzy turned around and left without saying anything. I covered my mouth with my hands trying to calm myself down. Could things get any worse? I went back to the kitchen to finish my breakfast. I was alone with my thoughts, and they took over. I fell a tear run down my cheek, but quickly wiped it away.
My phone lit up, it was Bradley again and I had to answer it. I took a deep breath and cleared my throat before picking up.
"Uh.. hey, what's going on?" I said with a shaking voice.
"Are you okay?" Bradley asked.
It took me a few seconds to answer. "No I'm not..."
"What happened?" Bradley asked.
"I really don't want to talk about it, so can you please be quick." I replied.
"Yeah sure, uh.. Chip isn't coming back, so we have to deal with Marlon from now on," Bradley said. "Uh.. Cory is currently fulfilling Freds position and he isn't going to rehire him any time soon so."
"Oh.. god.. well thanks for telling me." I replied.
"There is one more thing, two actually. They changed the stories for next week a little. They'll be delivering it to our houses tomorrow" Bradley said. "Alex, I want you to know that you can talk to me if you need to okay."
It took me a second to decide what to do. I don't like to open up, I build walls to protect myself by not letting anyone in. But you can see where that got me, nowhere! It destroyed my marriage, the relation with my daughter and it will soon end my career.
"Alex? Are you still there?" Bradley asked.
"I am, I.. It's just.. It's the media, and now.. Now my daughter.." I said with a shaking voice.
"Alex, I'm home all weekend so feel free to come over, okay?" Bradley suggested.
"Thank you, I'll think about it." I said. before hanging up.
I should talk to someone, maybe they can give me some advice. It's just that I don't quite trust Bradley yet. So I texted someone I do trust. Asking if we could meet sometime. I didn't really do anything the rest of the day. I laid in bed watching Netflix until I fell asleep.

The doorbell woke me up, I wasn't planning on answering the door. Then I realized they would bring the new script over. I got up and opened the door.
"Good morning sunshine." Cory said.
I rolled my eyes. Really, can they never send just a mailman to deliver the script. I grabbed the script and slammed the door shut. I'm not interested in talking to him!
"I never knew you weren't a morning person." Cory added.
I turned around to see him enter my apartment. He blocked the door with his foot, I could've known. I turned back around and went to the kitchen, hoping he would go away. "What are you doing here?" I snapped.
"Delivering the scripts, it needs a little explaining. So if you could give me the script, I'd show you." Cory explained.
I put the script on the counter. Cory sat down on one of the bar stools and opened the envelope, giving me a page.
"So this is your story for tomorrow, it's an update on the cruise-ship. It will be an interview with some doctor." Cory explained.
"Didn't we cover this last Friday?" I asked.
Cory smiled. "We should've covered it last Friday, however you covered a different subject."
We went through the rest of the script.
"So lastly, you'll have to do this story on Wednesday."  Cory said, while handing me the last page.
I looked at it. I shook my head.
"No, I'm not doing this story." I snapped.
"Why not? It's a good subject. It shows that boarding schools are a great option, not just for the parents to get rid of their kids." Cory added. "I did NOT send Lizzy to boarding school to get rid of her!" I said a little too aggressively.
"I wasn't finished, boarding schools give your children great opportunities. They are more likely to go to college, that is what the story is about." Cory said. "You can add your own opinion in if you want, you know your experience."
I leaned on the counter looking Cory right in the eyes.
"Listen, you want my opinion. I'm not covering this story! Not on my show!" I snapped.
Cory started laughing. "Oh Alex, don't you see it. It's no longer your show. This story is happening period! If you don't want to do it, Bradley will. So if you want some control over it. You better do the story yourself!"