The story

I woke up at 3:30 and I don't think I've ever been this nervous for a story before. It wasn't even that big of a story, but just the idea of my daughter watching it made me upset. When I finally found the strength to get out of bed it was almost half an hour later. I got dressed and went straight to the studio, I arrived there just a little later than normal. I went to my dressing room to get ready.
There was still some time before the show started so I went over to Bradley's dressing room to run things trough one last time.
"So.. uh.. you talk about the great opportunities, than I'll just name a few downsides and that's it. We stick to our monologue!" I explained.
"Yeah, I know. It will be alright." Bradley replied with a smile. "Are you ready to go?"
I nodded and we walked to the stage together. I looked into the controle room and saw Cory talking to Marlon. He probably came, hoping to see a show.
When we arrived on stage Mia walked over to me. What does she want? It's not like we are friends or anything. My assistant was right behind her, it seemed like he was trying to stop her.
"What's going on?" I asked confused.
"There will be another investigation, this time around Fred's behavior." My assistant said before Mia could answer.
"Mia, what's going on?" I replied. My assistant shook his head, but I just ignored him. Mia took a deep breath before answering.
"Uh.. your divorce has been leaked to the press, and it's bad." Mia said.
"Good job telling her right before the show starts!" my assisted added.
"At least she told me." I snapped back at him, and with that he went backstage again.
"I'm so sorry Alex." Mia added.
I took a deep breath. "It's fine, uh.. thanks for telling me."
Oh god, oh god!! This can't be happening. How could Jason do this to me? Could it be because I upset Lizzy? Didn't he want to be associated with me anymore? He could've fucking told me he was planning on telling the press! I don't even care about what the press thinks of my divorce, I care about Jason. He shattered my already broken heart. Without saying another word I went back on stage, pretending like everything was fine. I walked over to my chair and sat down.
"We're live in 3.. 2.. 1.." Shari said before giving me the signal.
I took a few deep breaths.
"Good morning America, I'm glad you are spending your morning with us.." I said as always.
"Today we have an interview with a high school student who stared his own, now successful business... and lastly we will be discussing boarding schools." Bradley said.
We did the show and it was fine, however now we had to do my favorite part.
"So boarding schools... Bradley, why don't you tell us a little bit about them." I said with the fakest smile you'll ever see.
"Well Alex, boarding schools give your children great opportunities. They have a higher change of being enrolled into a good college, they learn to be independent." Bradley explained."
Bradley, go over to Alex." I heard Marlon say trough my earpiece.
"Ask her about her experience." Cory added.
I looked over to Bradley and subtly shook no. Hoping she would get the clue and ignore Cory.
"Alex, why don't you explain the downsides. I imagine it's not all.. uh.." Bradley was figuring out what to say, knowing she already said too much.
I wanted to cut her off but it was already too late.
"Just share your experience." Bradley added.
I saw on her face that she regretted saying that, as she should. I made one thing so clear! Whatever you do, don't make me talk about my daughter. I gasped, I didn't know what to say. I pictured Lizzy watching this, wondering what my answer would be. It doesn't matter what I'm going to say. Whatever I say next, it will be wrong and Lizzy...
"Alex say something!" Marlon said trough my earpiece.
I started to freak out.
"Uh.. you don't get to see your kid.. and uh... " I said with a shaking voice.
"Bradley you finish this, and no more shots of Alex!" Marlon demanded.
"Ignore that, Alex finish your fucking sentence!" Cory added.
He is trowing me under the bus! I couldn't think straight."
Uh.. Lizzy if you are watching this.." I said.
I took a few deep breaths before continuing.
"I'm so sorry, for everything. I just want you to know that I do love you. So don't send your kids to a boarding school. Lizzy if I could go back. I'd never made you go.. Maybe, just maybe our relation would've been better and.." I added while trying not to break down crying.
"Thank you for spending your morning with us and have a good day!" Bradley said to end the show.
I just started sobbing, right there in the chair.
"Alex, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to," Bradley said trying to make up for what she did.
"Oh fuck you Bradley, can't you just stick to a script for once!"  I snapped back at her.
I really wanted Chip to be here, or even Mitch! I fell so lonely in a room full of people. They were staring at me, it seemed like they were afraid to talk to me. Marlon and Cory entered the studio while arguing. "Joe turn off the fucking camera!" Marlon yelled.
I turned my head to look at the sign. "On air" I read.
I got up and rushed over to my dressing room. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse. The press had some new input for their Alex is losing her shit stories.
I slammed the door shut and sat down against the wall. I sat there for more than half an hour before anyone came to check on me. Alison entered my dressing room and sat down next to me. We just sat there for a few minutes in silence.
"Alex. I know we haven't spent much time time together since Mitch left, but I know it is not an excuse, but I didn't really know what to say to you." Alison explained.
"It's fine, I don't really know what to do with myself either." I added.
"So we're good?" Alison asked.
I nodded.
"You need to take some time to look after yourself, or else you will make it way too easy for Fred and Cory to get rid of you." Alison said.
Alison grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes.
"Alex you need to stop pretending you're fine, cause you're not. I don't think you ever processed the trauma's that Mitch gave you. You can't hide your emotions, they'll always find a way back. You need to give them a place to stay, I don't want you to end up like Hannah." Alison added.
She gave me a hug before leaving.
I sat there for a little while longer when all of the sudden my phone rang, it was all the way up on my dresser and I had no intention in getting up. It rang a few more times before going over to voicemail: "It's Jason, I think we should talk. Can you come over to my apartment once you're done on the show?" It said. Ugh, now you want to talk! A little late don't you think. I got up and left to go to his apartment.

Jason opened the door, I didn't wait for him to invite me in and walked straight to the living room.
"How could you do this to me?" I snapped.
"I know I hurt Lizzy, but I never wanted to! She broke my heart and now you too." I added.
Jason walked over to me and grabbed my hand, but I pulled away immediately.
"I trusted you!" I snapped.
Jason tried to get a word in, but I just kept yelling at him.
"Do you have any idea how it feels, when the only person you trust destroys you?! I loved you!" I yelled.
"Alex, I didn't leak it to the press. I thought you did. I wanted to talk to you because..." Jason managed to say.
I immediately kept quiet and set down on the couch, I was shocked. I also felt very stupid for yelling at him like that.
"Because I love you, I don't want to get a divorce. I want to give us another change." Jason added.