How the tables have turned

It was the next morning and I was on my way to the studio. This was the last place I wanted to be at right now. When I entered the building I could already feel the tension. As I made my way through the hallways I could feel their eyes on me. I just felt their judgement, but no one said a word. The people here always expected something happened. I think most of them think I'm lying, and I wish I was. They feel sorry for me, not for what happened between me and Mitch. They feel sorry for what has become of me. They pity me and I hate it!
I made it to the set and entered the studio. The room was full of people gathered around the stage, but there was no one there. I looked into the crowd hoping to see Bradley, I couldn't find her. When I looked into the control room she was talking with some guy, but I couldn't really see who it was. I took a few steps forward hoping to see his face when I bumped into someone.
"Hey watch out!" The guy snapped at me.
"I'm sorry" I said.
When he realized who I was his attitude changed.
"No I'm sorry, please don't accuse me of attacking you." He said with a laugh.
"Oh shut up!" I snapped back.
What is with this guy? I never even met him!
When I looked back into the controle room they were gone, damn it!
"Hey" Bradley said from behind me, so I turned around. "Is it true?"
I nodded. Bradley seemed a little nervous.
"I just thought you two had an affair or something, but this. This is horrible. I'm so so sorry this happened to you and I feel so stupid for what I said last time we spoke, I had no idea." Bradley explained.
"It's fine, are you okay?" I asked. "Well, I just spoke with Cory and," Bradley said.
"Wait Cory is here?!" I interrupted. Bradley nodded.
Oh god, I can not run into him! "Fred is here as well." Bradley added.
"What the hell is he doing here, I thought they fired him!" I said.
"Well I don't know, apparently not." Bradley added.
Could things get any worse? Marlon walked on to the stage and started to talk.
"Can I have everyone's attention please!" Marlon said.
Within a few seconds the room got quiet. They all looked at Marlon with high hopes.
"Well, I suppose most of you know why we are all here." Marlon added.
I barely listened to anything Marlon said, I was to bothered by Fred and Cory being here.
Cory walked up to the stage whispering something to Marlon.
"Thanks for the intro, I'll take it from here." Cory said.
Cory seemed to be scanning the crowd, like he was looking for someone.
"Lately a lot has happened to us, to our show. But the show must go on. So all I'm asking you to do right now, is to continue working like normal. Until we found a proper way to deal with it."  Cory explained.
He has to be kidding! How the hell does he expect us to go on like this. It's wrong! In their eyes the proper way to deal with anything is to cover it up.
"You probably read the accusation, but it's nothing more than just a rumor. Innocent until proven guilty." Cory said with a smile, looking me directly in the eyes.
I took a deep breath, he made me feel sick.
"I got to get out of here." I said.
Bradley nodded. As soon as I walked trough the doors I saw Fred standing in the hallway. I immediately froze. I haven't seen him since he got escorted out by security. Before I could do anything it was already too late. Fred noticed me and came over to me.
"Alex, I think we should talk" Fred said.
I shook my head.
"Yeah, that's not really an option" Fred added. "You see, you're the one who caused this mess. Which means you'll be the one that cleans it up."
"Your little sidekick forced my hand." I replied.
I looked around hoping someone was here, but no-one was.
"All you need to do is confirm the story is nothing more than just a rumor." Fred added.
I shook my head again. No way I was going to do that. I came such a long way, I finally admitted the truth. Not just to the public, but to myself.
"Listen we don't need your cooperation for this. A lot of people that work here are willing to write a story suggesting your behavior around here. You're not America's sweetheart, you're just incredibly selfish and mean. Your story won't be credible anymore, not without someone backing it up at least and I don't see that happening." Fred said. "It's over Alex, when will you realize that?"
My eyes started to water, deep down I knew he was right. I just couldn't give up. I had to keep going, not just for me but for all those women.
"You're wrong! I will find someone to back my story up. You're going down!" I snapped.
"Only if you go down with me!" Fred added.
The door behind me opened, it was Yanko. "What's going on here?"
"We were just talking." Fred said.
Yanko looked over to me, so I shook my head.
"Yanko, don't get involved or you'll find yourself in the same position as Mitch." Fred snapped.
Where did that come from all of the sudden?
"Alex can I talk to you for a second?" Yanko asked.
"We're not done talking yet" Fred said before walking off.
I took a deep breath.
"I don't know what to do." I said. I started to freak out again.
"Let's talk somewhere a little more privet, if you want to of course." Yanko suggested.
I nodded and followed him to his dressing room.
"Do you need a moment?" Yanko asked.
I shook my head and took another deep breath.
"Uh, did you read the article?" I asked.
He shook his head. "I don't really read that kind of articles."
I grabbed my phone and looked it up, once I did I handed my phone over to him.
"I wrote it, it's the truth. Fred and Cory know, they are just trying to cover it all up again." I added.
Yanko read the article. He seemed to be a little shocked.
"I always knew you weren't a mean person, you were just hurt." Yanko said.
"Well this behavior will cost me my job, if it's up to Fred. Unless I find someone to back my story up." I explained.
The room remained silent. Yanko didn't know what to say.
This lead me to the next thing.
"What did Fred mean by 'You'll end up like Mitch?'" I asked.
"It doesn't really matter." Yanko replied.
"I think it does" I said.
"If you must know, I had a relationship with Claire." Yanko explained.
I wasn't expecting this to be this literal
"Seriously?" I replied.
"It's not what you might think. I'm in love with her we were hiding our relationship because of the whole Mitch thing. We wanted to go on record but Claire freaked out afterwards and broke up with me." Yanko confessed.
Yanko really looked hurt talking about this.
"I'm sorry, but she probably broke up with you because of what was happening, not because she stopped loving you. Look this whole thing is messed up, and I want to put an end to it. I just, I can't do it alone." I said.
"Alex, I know you're upset about the whole situation. Right now you're just destroying the show, and I don't want to be a part of that." Yanko said.
"This environment is toxic! Of all people you should understand." I snapped.
"I'm sorry." Yanko added.
With that I left the room and went straight to my dressing room. I sat down at my dressing table and grabbed my phone.
"Hey" Chip said. "I need you to back my story up." I asked.
He didn't answer.
"Chip? Are you still there?" I added.
"Uh yes I am. I wish I could help, but I can't." Chip said.
"Why not?" I asked.
"Because I wasn't here, I'm not a reliable source. You and I both know the only person to back your story up is Mitch." Chip explained.
I took a deep breath. I already knew he was going to say this, I just hopped things could be different.
"You sound worried, what's going on?" Chip asked.
"I need Mitch's help, or else it's over for me. Fred got the best of me. I don't know what to do. I thought Yanko was willing to help, but when it came down to it he backed down." I explained.
"Have you asked him yet?" Yanko replied.
"I don't even know how, we got into a fight yesterday. He was super angry when he left, and I don't blame him." I added.
Someone knocked on the door and opened it right away.
"I thought I could find you here." Cory said.
"Don't hang up! Just put it upside down." Chip suggested.
I did just that and turned over to Cory.
"Too bad you couldn't stay during my speech." Cory added.
"I just couldn't listen to it." I replied. "So I spoke with Bradley this morning, how much do you know?" Cory asked.
"Enough to get you fired." I replied.
"I'm curious why didn't you publish that, you know instead of the crap you did get published." Cory added. "I did it for Bradley." I said.
"I have an offer for you." Cory said. I looked confused.
"Just hear me out. For some reason Fred is back, which means I'm back to my old position." Cory explained.
"So you want me to get Fred fired for good." I added.
"Exactly. So if you can convince Mitch to back your story up it confirms Fred's culture of silence. I mean there is no way he couldn't have known about this. I know, Chips knows." Cory explained.
I wasn't sure what to think of this, why does he need my help all of the sudden. I mean it is something he would do but still. In the back of my mind this was a part of the plan he made with Fred.
"What's in it for me?" I asked.
"You get to keep your job." Cory replied.
"That's it? I don't think so. I want Chip to get his job back and," I said. I got interrupted before I could finish my sentence.
"Chip isn't coming back, he cracks under pressure and Marlon is great." Cory explained.
"Because he does what you tell him to do." I replied.
"Exactly, so will you take the deal?" Cory asked.
"No! I'll make you a deal. You leave me the hell alone and I'll save your reputation." I snapped.
I was not going to be one of his muppets. I was going to do this my way!
"You'll regret this Levy!" Cory said before leaving the room.
I picked my phone back up.
"Holy shit." Chip said. "So what's the plan?"
"I'm hoping to convince Mitch, I'll take both of them down. Get you back here, because I need you around. Things will finally be over, and I get to do what I came for. Delivering the news!" I explained.
Chip and I talked for a little longer. We had it all planned out, there was just one major problem. Getting Mitch to help.