Plan B

"Alex, I know a lot has changed. Who says we can no longer be friends? Fred? Cory? The media, since when do we care what they think?" Mitch responded.
"Let me rephrase that, I'm not sure If I want to be friends with you anymore." I added.
Mitch took a small pauze to think. "We don't have to be friends, we can be acquaintances. Just let me help you with that story." Mitch explained.
I wasn't sure what I wanted, and I could honestly use the help. So I decided to give him yet another chance.
"I don't see why not.." I said.
I went back into my bedroom to get my laptop and notebook.
When I got back Mitch was still sitting on one of the barstools. I put my stuff down on the counter and set down next to him.
"So, what do you have?" Mitch asked.
I opened my laptop and showed him my empty page.
"I was going to write the truth down, but then I had this nightmare and I didn't want to do it anymore." I explained.
"Well then don't, write your own truth. The people don't know the real story. As long as it is believable." Mitch said.
I looked over to him with a confused look.
"Oh trust me people know, Cory knows, Chip knows and now Jason knows. Even though I might not publish the truth, how do you expect me to live my life when I know that they know!" I rambled.
"Okay calm down. Listen if you publish the truth people will see you as a victim, my victim. Fred and Cory will get their way." Mitch explained.
"I agree I don't want the truth to come out, but what if Cory publishes it anyway, whose story will they believe? I'm screwed either way." I said.
"Of course they will believe you, why would you lie? You told America about Fred, you told the truth about boarding schools. People trust you." Mitch replied.
I knew Mitch was right. I was afraid of what would happen, no matter what story would go public. I was thinking about Lizzy, and Jason. What would Chip think, or even Bradley? Will Cory and Fred really end my career? I barely slept in weeks, I was exhausted mentally and physically. I had a headache, and couldn't think probably. It lead to me trusting Mitch like I used to do, blindly! Deep down I knew it was probably not the smartest thing to do, but I honestly didn't care at this point.
"Look, once you publish the story there is no change for me to ever work again. I will forever be portrait as a monster. You know I'm not a monster right?" Mitch added.
I shook my head. I wasn't sure what to do, but Mitch has a point. Some story's are better untold, I just couldn't deal with it. Not right now.
"Why don't we write our own truth then?" I said.
We did just that, after we finished Mitch went back home and I decided to get some rest.
"Alex? Wake up!" Jason said quietly.
I opened my eyes and Jason was sitting on the bed.
"It's already past noon, why are you still in bed?" Jason asked.
I sat up.
"Uh.. It's been a long night." I said.
"Is that why you have a cut on your forehead? What the hell happened?" Jason asked.
Seriously why do people constantly have to comment on that, it's not that big of a deal.
"Long story short. I got into a fight with Cory, because he wants to publish the truth. He gave me until Monday to publish it myself. Mitch helped me last night and now it's finished." I explained.
"Wait what?" Jason asked confused.
"I hit him first, so.." I said.
"Not that, Mitch was here?" Jason interrupted.
I was a little confused with what was happening right now.
"Yes Mitch was here so what? Nothing happened." I replied.
"I know, it's just. How can you still trust him?" Jason asked.
This was honestly a good question, one I couldn't answer.
"By the way, why would Mitch help you with a story that exposes his inappropriate behavior?" Jason added.
"We wrote a different story, one that is beneficial for the both of us." I said.
He stood up and walked over to the window.
"Alex seriously?! You know why he helped you right? To save his own ass!" Jason said while raising his voice.
"Just calm down, and please don't yell. It was my idea. I invited him over after he called me to say that you went to his fucking house" I replied.
Jason shook his head.
"Why, why would you do that. He wasn't just trying to help you, he wanted to help himself. I went over to Mitch to confront him, I'm angry with him for what he did to you! You have to publish the truth, and only the truth. Mitch has to pay for what he did! Not just to you but to all those women." Jason explained.
"I can't, it's too hard. I don't want to be the reason his life ended, he is still my friend." I said.
Jason walked over to me and set down next to me.
"Listen to me, he ruined his own life. Right now he is the reason your life is ending." Jason added.
I shook my head.
"No, I can't publish the truth because of me! My life sucks, because of me. Mitch was just trying to help me." I snapped.
"Alex I'm sorry, I understand this is difficult for you. But please, please think about what you want before you publish anything." Jason replied.
He giving me a hug. We sat there for a little while.
"Why were you here anyway?" I asked.
"I just wanted to see you." Jason replied.
Jason kisses me on the forehead before standing up.
"I have to go to work, so I'll be back tonight." Jason said.
"Jason? Thank you for checking on me" I added.
He nodded and left the room.
My phone rang, I grabbed it from my nightstand. It was Bradley, why would she be calling me?
"Hello?" I said.
"Ugh. I'm so sorry to call you but," Bradley said.
She sounded upset.
"Of course, what happened?" I asked.
"I feel so stupid, I'm not sure if I meant to but before I knew it was already too late and," Bradley rambled.
"Bradley slow down, I don't know what you are talking about." I said.
"Okay. I slept with Cory, I feel so stupid but he was nice to me and," Bradley added.
Oh my gosh! I didn't know what to say or think. I was shocked but not completely surprised. They had a weird chemistry.
"Did you want to do it or did he force you into it?" I asked.
"I wanted to, it's just what if people find out? Will we both be loosing our jobs?!" Bradley said.
"Bradley, why are you asking me for advice?" I replied.
"Please don't take this the wrong way but, I'm asking you because of you and Mitch." Bradley said.
"Because of Mitch and I? What the hell is that supposed to mean.?!" I snapped.
"Alex I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that. It's just.." Bradley said.
"No I understand, you want my advice. Keep it a secret, my life turned out great!" I said before hanging up on her.
Why does she always act like she knows me?! We aren't even friends. I wasn't sure what to think of her call. I got out of bed and walked over to the window.
All of the sudden I got a brilliant idee. What if I expose Cory's sexual misconduct? What if I write a story where Bradley had to sleep with Cory in order to be the new co-anchor. If I publish this story it doesn't matter what Cory does next, he will be out off the game. I don't have to worry about my story going public. It will safe my career, it might even give me my well deserved influence on the show. At first it seemed like the perfect solution. I just wasn't sure if I could do this to Bradley?
I grabbed my laptop and sat back down on the bed, it took me a long time before I decided what story to publish. I kept changing my mind. I eventually settled on a story. I wrote an email to the Times with my article in it. I was a little hesitant but decided to press send, there is no going back now. I might regret this later, but if felt like the best option right now.