twenty-one

"remember in eight grade, when i fought with perth?" win opens the conversation while tousling bright's hair.

"you think i'd forget how frustrated you were that day?" bright asks. they're cuddling on the bed, both looking at each other. they're finished cleaning downstairs, all the candles and cloths used.

bright knows win isn't the type of person who's up to cuddling all the time and he seldom gets touchy even with all the girls he's dated, so looking at win who's all smiles looking at him and willing to be cuddled into his arms is a huge upgrade for bright. he's happy win is opening up to him this way, without the awkwardness that once barricaded both of them.

"frustrated is an understatement, babe. i was so angry at perth i had to get it out of me. you saw how i pushed him to the ground." win moves both his arms on the air, as if pushing something, and his biceps flex. bright snorts at him who seems so proud of what he's done.

"and then you pooed yourself after you saw him bleed," bright says, trying to ruin his moment by teasing. as expected, win glares at him and acts as if he's gawking by what he's head.

"that's the unnecessary detail, geez."

"that the most important detail here! wait, why did you even argue with perth?" bright pulls win just enough so their faces are inches away from each other.

"he was teasing me about liking this girl in our class. remember that girl mina with long hair who's wearing glasses? her eyes are like a porcelain doll's it was so tantalizing. and that asshole perth pulled out a prank on her, she cried."

"so he pushed your buttons and accidentally pooed?" bright snorts as he remembers that day. they were in their uniform at the back of the school. win called him for backup but he just stood on the side as he looked at them fight.

"yes, but that's not the point. that was my first fist fight, and i won."

"that wasn't even a fist fight, you just pushed him and his head hit the ledge it bled."

"technically, i won."

bright slowly nods, "and embarrassed yourself afterward."

"never mind the embarrassment, at least i won," win says, rolling his eyes at bright who can't seem to brush that teasing smile off his face. he's enjoying this.

"and then what did you do?"

"i courted mina, and she said yes. i think she thought i was cool since i protected her?"

bright's smile turns into a frown and the room grows silent after win speaks, and he bites his lip in frustration. really, win? really? talk about a girl the night of your first date? win castrates himself in his head, and snakes his hands on win's nape before he pulls him for a kiss.

"i love you-" kisses the bridge of bright's nose "- i didn't mean to mention mina and the courting part."

bright chuckles and pats win's head, "silly, i know that. i just realized that mina was your first girlfriend, and your first in everything."

"hey, you're my first boyfriend who i'm very willing to do a lot of firsts with," win says while smiling, but falters when he sees bright arching his brow and then he realizes what he's said wrong...again.

"i meant to say first and last boyfriend. just you, bright and no one else...ever."

bright smiles, "that's better."

they spent the night cuddling, telling each other's embarrassment moments when they were in middle school. "i love you," bright whispers the fifth time on his ear while hugging him from behind.

"i love you" sixth.

"i really love you" seventh.

"i lo-" win cuts him off by shifting to face bright and kissing him on the lips. when bright opens his mouth, he takes the chance to slip his tongue, and the next thing they know their tongues are fighting with each other.

the room's warm though win hasn't opened the window yet and greeted the morning light, but it's warm. though he feels like it's him who's getting warmer and warmer every time bright moans. just as he moves on top of bright and cages him in the middle of his propped elbows, the door opens.

win pulls away from the kiss, looks at whoever disturbs them, and stares at his mother whose eyes are looking back and forth at win who's on top of bright and bright who's all flustered below him.

win gulps and forces a smile, "good morning, ma?"