twenty-six

win can't move from where he stands even if his seniors are beckoning him inside. he even hears his senior pete chuckling at bright, wondering why he has to stand up. win wonders too, why his boyfriend has to do that with wide eyes and all. but the constant bugging of pete brings him back to where they currently are. he sets his thoughts aside, telling himself that he's at work and he has to focus.

when win is about to seat beside bright, seint suddenly drags the chair where win is about to seat, leaving him with no choice but to simply seat beside him. he bites the insides of his mouth to calm himself, though he's not sure why he feels his blood starting to boil.

"win, you've brought the folders?" pete asks, his palm laid open. win simply nods, and stands up to give the folders to his senior before getting back to his seat but steals a glance at seint and bright which he instantly regrets. he sees seint's hand from below the table moving its way toward bright's. he can't count how many times he's had to inhale and exhale his annoyance out of his system but it just stays there.

"before we start, i'd like to introduce you to mr. seint," pete says before telling seint to stand up and greet everyone, which he does so easily with a smile and in turn annoys win more. he knows something is up with his smiling face that he wouldn't like. he regrets it now how he has checked him out in the elevator earlier.

what baffles win the most is why he's in here. he thinks pete has only called for him to have the folders checked and he'll have to go but pete insists him to sit and listen. he taps the heel of his foot on the carpeted tiles, glancing at seint who might be doing dirty things without him knowing. thankfully, it doesn't seem like it since seint is intently looking at the powerpoint presentation which pete is readying.

"we've called you, interns, and asked a licensed engineer from another company because we are going to start a collaborative project which would span for about a month. now i want to remind you that this is going to be a challenge, especially for you interns who are going to hopefully be licensed engineers in a year or so, depending if you pass the licensure exam, so i want you to focus and ask mr. seint for advice considering that the company where he's working at is one of the best in our country. got that?" pete asks, looking at the interns.

win looks around the table, and the only persons in here are his senior pete, seint, bright, him, and another senior kao whose face is familiar because he's the person he's gotten jealous of the last time.

"i hope all of us get along with this project because you know, teamwork makes the dream work!" and with that win's senior ends the meeting. pete is always the jolly type of guy who brings the best in his team. but right now, he's not sure if this collaborative project will work out just as pete has planned, win tells himself.

when the meeting is adjourned, win fixes himself and is about to call bright for lunch when he sees seint tugging the hem of bright's button down shirt. win looks around only to find out that only the three of them and inside the room, but seint seems to forget that win is still around by the way he throws himself at bright.

win clears his throat which gets seint's attention.

"oh, hey win. i didn't know you were still there," he says with a smile -- his hand still grasping bright's shirt.

"uh yeah. would you mind if i talk to bright?" win asks, pointing his finger at bright who may seem like he has his cool but he knows deep inside he's pissed off. how could he not know when they grew up together? thinking about it makes him smile. he knows bright that well.

"sure, sure. you may have him. i'll just talk to bright later."

his sentence pisses win off big time. how dare he. as if i'm only borrowing bright when he's mine, win thinks.

"right, bright?" seint looks at bright with slightly tilted head, and chuckles. win almost barfs at the sight. whatever positive things he's said about seint, he's retracting it all. this man is like a leech. if he does that to other men, win wouldn't care. but it's my boyfriend he's leeching onto, win shouts at the back of his head. but what pisses him more is how bright nods. did he just nod? win squints his eyes, and arches when bright looks at him.

"who is that?" win asks when it's just the two of them inside.

"seint," bright answers as he fixes his button down shirt and is about to reach for win's hand when win pulls it away.

"i know him, bright. he just introduced himself as a fucking licensed engineer who's going to be with us for a fucking month. i'm asking you why he knows you and why haven't i seen him before?" his voice is far too loud and his annoyance is probably brushing on to bright that he hears him answer with a groan.

"he's nothing, okay? just forget about him, he's nothing. nothing, alright? let's eat."

there's something about the way bright brushes off the topic, and win doesn't like it.