to infinity and beyond

epilogue

two weeks after win gets discharged at the hospital, he's stuck doing paperwork in the office while bright gets back on the site to continue with the project.

another week after, pete calls win in his office to commend him for finishing the internship and how much he's proud of him and then tells him to keep bright in his arms for a long time. win can't help but laugh with that remark. he even remembers pete's exact words.

"i'm glad you don't mind our relationship, sir."

pete chuckles, "why would i? love is love, kid. love is love. besides, i've already guessed that something's going on between you two."

win tilts his head, confused.

"how come sir?"

pete points at his finger where his ring is.

"you have the same ring as bright, so i thought you're more than just friends. but seriously, it's all good. you're competent and have a lot of potential. it doesn't matter who you choose to be with you as long as you're not doing anything wrong. and by my dictionary, love will never be wrong."

win swears he could have cried right at that moment but he keeps his cool. kao does the same with bright, and secretly gives him advice about relationship in which kao truly appreciates.

their graduation comes just a month later, and both bright and win get inside the convention center where the graduation takes place.

sitting side by side each other as the college dean speaks of motivation and honor, bright pulls win's hand to intertwine it with his and knees him, signalling that he wants something right after their graduation.

"later, babe." win can't help but stifle a chuckle seeing bright's pouting face, he suddenly feels the urge to kiss him right here. but then, respect comes first in this important ceremony so win keeps himself collected.

a few minutes later, win's breathing hitches as he feels bright's hand snaking under his academic gown that he has to flick it away from him.

"babe, i said later. stop being stubborn." win emphasizes, though he's not sure whether it's because he finds bright extremely strong-willed or the fact that he's just got a semi hard-on and he has to keep himself calm to prevent it from going hard full blast. win takes the latter.

after the ceremony, both of them get out of the convention center, holding their diplomas as they get greeted by win's mother along with bright's parents. they can't explain the look on their parent's faces when they get to be with them, but one thing's for sure.

"i'm so proud of you," the three parents say in unison as they get to hold their sons.

win receives a bouquet of flowers from his mother, and he gives him a huge hug. bright gets the same bouquet with a different color, a warm hug from his mother and a pat over the shoulder from his father.

the five of them share a meal at a well-known buffer after the commencement ceremonies. in the middle of eating, bright flashes a wide smile at win and the latter does the same. they share a look at each other and breathe deeply, contentment surging in their system.

their parents are having fun with themselves, sharing stories of their childhood years and how both of them come out and how proud they are of bright and win. a tear escapes from win's eyes and all of them stops.

"what's wrong, son?" bright's father asks him, his hand placed over his shoulder.

"nothing, uncle. i just feel happy."

win's mother then tears up a little and so does bright's mom. when the mood starts feeling sad rather than the contrary, bright clears his throat.

"same here, dad." and then bright acts as if he's wiping something away from his eyes, and they all end up laughing but bright gets a special smack on his lap from win.

"kidding, babe. just want to make you happy in our big day." bright hugs win and squeezes him tight. win chuckles and lets go.

"i'm really happy, baby. like never been better."

he's about to eat a spoonful of dessert when bright taps him on his shoulder. bright looks at the parents seating adjacent to him and nods before he faces win.

"i'm going to give you something," he says, biting his lip.

a few seconds has passed, and they hear bright's father's frustrated grunt. "oh son, cut the anticipation. just give it to win."

bright then chuckles as he takes a box from behind and offers it in front of him. win squints his eyes, not sure about what's going on. he then fixates his eyes at the box and checks it out. without holding it in his hand, he takes a guess. it's rectangular, so most it's most likely not a ring because he already has one. it's also unlikely to be a necklace, because the box is way smaller than a box of necklace's. he ticks his tongue and tilts his head, unsure what to say.

"uh, what is this babe?"

"open it, then you'll know." win notes the sarcasm on bright's voice but brushes it off as he takes the box and opens it. another batch of tears then cascade on his cheek, coming out his tear ducts so fast as if they're running after the other.

win holds out the key, and places it on his hand.

"will you be with me," bright grasps win's hand "to our new home?" and clasps their hands together with the key inside their hands.

win is about to say yes when he remembers her mother, and then his eyes instantly search for her whom he sees is already crying in sheer joy.

"ma?" he asks, worry evident on his face. his mother only smiles at him.

"i'll be fine, son. you've been there for me ever since, now is my turn to support you with what you love. go after what your heart desires."

win has no words to say. he just looks at his mother and bright's parents whose eyes are puffed from crying. even bright's father is tearing up. then he looks at bright whose gaze warms his heart and then everything feels complete -- he's complete.

when he can no longer take all the emotions inside him, win just bursts out crying. bright to the rescue, he hugs win and lets him cry happily on his shoulder -- ready to always be with win not only for today but for years to come.

///notes///

hello everyone! i just want to express my gratitude with all of you for being with me since the start of this fan fiction. i can't tell you how much every vote and comment matters to me so much i smile whenever i see it on my notifications -- all of these because of you guys.

i wish you had fun reading it as much as i did. hooked may be done but it will always be in my heart, and i hope yours, too.

ciao, loves!!! see you onto the next brightwin fanfic!!!