Chapter 12: I have to protect myself!

The following morning, before Daetrin woke up, Elois was sitting in the living room drinking coffee. Ever since he was saved from Dany Rhaegos, he has been unable to sleep. Well, not properly sleep. He still got nightmares from everything he has gone through. He was watching the TV when he heard the front door open. He looked up and saw Khaldun slowly coming in. This has been his routine. The moment the Moon disappeared from the sky, he would come to the castle. Elois put his cup down and got up. He stood right infront of the Moon and didn't let him move.

"Is there a problem?" Khaldun asked him confused. He already had to control his anger considering the fact that Elois was his brother's creation.

"You and I are going to talk. Follow me." He said and started walking towards the doors and Khaldun followed him confused. Elois walked for a few minutes until they were in the park and he sat down on the bench and the Moon did the same.

"Daetrin is a Sinclair. It doesn't matter if he likes that fact or not. But he wasn't raised as one. He was raised as a Blackbourn which explains his confusion here and there." He said and Khaldun did not understand where he was going with this.

"When I met Sebastian for the first time, I accepted him immediately, but I also kept pushing him away which only confused the both of us. I pulled him to me and then the next day I would push him away. I knew the history of Sinclairs. We were famous for defying the Goddess and Fate. We were famous for killing our soulmates. I was afraid I was going to do the same thing and so I pushed Sebastian away from me, because I loved him so much that I could not bare the thought of harming him." He said and Khaldun was still confused.

"Daetrin is struggling now too. I am sure that he is trying to push you away because he is terrified he will turn out to be just like his mother." He said and took in a deep breath.

"You don't realize this but he needs you, Khaldun. He needs you a lot. He already loves you, I am sure of that. It's just that we, Sinclairs, are very good at hiding our true emotions. He misses you. He missed you even yesterday when you had to leave. But he will never tell you that." He said and Khaldun looked confused. He had no idea. He never knew that his soulmate could possibly be missing him.

"Why are you telling me this?" He asked and Elois smiled sadly.

"You are my friend, Khaldun. You have been ever since I was trapped by Dany Rhaegos." He said and then he looked Khaldun directly in the eyes.

"I want him to be happy. I do not want him to regret anything the way I did. I had to die to realize that I never appreciated Sebastian enough. I want the two of you to be different, luckier and happier than I was. Please, just promise me, you will not hurt him or I swear to you I will come for your life." He said and Khaldun nodded his head.

"You have my word." He said and Elois got up in order to leave but was stopped by Khaldun's voice.

"Thank you, Barin." He said and Elois smiled as he nodded his head and walked away, leaving Khaldun alone to think. His soulmate was so good at hiding his feelings that he never realized how much he missed him. Sure, Khaldun missed him terribly too, but he never realized that Daetrin may feel the same way. So, few hours passed and he walked into the castle once again. He knew that by now Daetrin was awake and was training the pack. He also knew that they were about to finish the training lessons for today, so he went to the gym. Once he came inside he saw Daetrin cleaning up and he sat on the bench near the table with water. So, when Daetrin turned around once he was done, he could not hide the surprise once he saw Khaldun. He started walking towards the table with water but was pulled into Khaldun's lap. He looked at Khaldun with wide eyes and red cheeks from embarassement when he tried to get up but Khaldun only pulled him back on his lap.

"Stay. I missed you, little soulmate." He said and he heard Daetrin's heart skip a beat and he smirked. For some reason, Daetrin could not look away from Khaldun. Daetrin felt the need to hug or kiss him and at that thought his eyes moved to Khaldun's lips and once he looked back into his eyes he saw that Khaldun's eyes were a darker grey now. Daetrin gulped when he saw Khaldun moving his face towards Daetrin's. And seconds later Daetrin moved his face away afraid of what he could do to Khaldun.

"Did you miss me?" He asked and waited for a response when he saw Daetrin snap out of his daze as he tried to get up but was pulled back by Khaldun once again.

"It is okay to talk about your feelings, Daetrin. I missed you a lot, my little soulmate. I hope you missed me too." He said and Daetrin's hands started shaking as he took in a deep breath.

"I can't feel anything. I hope you realize that." He said and Khaldun's heart broke a little. He sighed as he made Daetrin look him in the eyes and he asked him why. He needed to know why did it seem like Daetrin was so near and yet so far away from him. Why did it seem like he was punishing himself?

"I have been through a lot in my life. In order for me to stay sane I had to block out my emotions." He said as he looked at Khaldun with seriousness on his face.

"If I let a single emotion in now, I will be letting all of them in. I have to protect myself." He said and Khaldun sighed and was about to say something when he heard the bells ring and his eyes widened. He got up hurriedly and took his swords before he ran towards the living room where he saw a rogue about to attack his mother but Daetrin was faster and he cut his throat open with just one move. That is when Khaldun realized what has happened. Rogues crossed the borders. He snapped the neck of one of the rogues who tried to attack Daetrin and then he walked outside. There, he saw three pack members dead on the floor and five rogues who were dead too. And among them stood Elois who just kept staring at his bloody hands. He snapped out of it when he heard Enfys, Gehenna and Sebastian running towards him. Sebastian looked at the bodies and then at a disgusted Elois. He walked towards him and made him look him in the eyes.

"You did what you had to do." He said and Elois nodded his head but anyone with two eyes knew that he did not believe that. Sebastian looked at the few warriors who then came as well and told them to get rid of the bodies. Then they all went to the office. Daetrin and Khaldun followed. But, not before Daetrin made sure his mother was safe and sound. He walked in the office to see a very pissed off Sebastian.

"Ophelia must have sent them, so now we have only one plan." He said and Daetrin looked confused.

"We find her and we kill her." He said and then he turned to Gehenna.

"I need you to track her down." He said and Gehenna nodded her head. And she did try. Hell, even Sebastian tried, but Ophelia was old and the first witch to ever exist. She knew every spell they were gonna use and with that she knew how to protect herself from each of them. And with hours of trying to find her, tiredness came and with it they all went to sleep as Khaldun went to his own home.