Chapter 8 - Ella

What. On. Earth.

Ella walked clumsily into the downstairs toilet. He body felt oddly uncoordinated and her clothes were far too tight. She braced herself as she looked up into the mirror. Now she understood why Willow had looked so scared of her, not only had she changed appearance but she had become a different person entirely.

This proved to be too much for Ella, she slumped down onto the floor: unconscious.

"ELLA, ELLA. WAKE UP. ELLA" Willow's panicked voice roused Ella. It took her a few moments to realise what had happened.

"Oh my gosh! Ella, you scared me so much, what is going on today? Are we going mad?" Willow's voice was strained and she was shaking like a leaf as she tried to help her up.

"I, I looked like M-Mum." Ella stood in the hallway, trying to figure out what and how this had happened. "I know, I know! I was really freaked out and then I heard you fall..."

The twins sat on the floor looking exhausted, neither of them could think of anything to say.

Ella looked down at herself, realising she looked completely normal again. She was very relieved, at least she wasn't going to look like her mother forever! Equally, she was fearful of how easily her appearance seemed to change. She had to learn to control it.

Willow seemed to be thinking along the same lines, "At least we know how to make you look normal again, we just knock you out."

Ella grinned and shook her head. She was still struggling to wrap her head around what had happened.

"How did you actually do it Ella? I mean I know you didn't do it on purpose but I mean you know, what happened?" Willow asked, suddenly serious.

"Well, I mean I was just thinking about how Mum came into my room this morning and it was really loud when she spoke and then I felt, like a kind of tingling sensation like I had when I hair suddenly turned brown this morning. I mean you can't see your own face, can you? So I thought something had happened to my hair, but then you screamed. So I knew it was bad and I went to have a look in the mirror, and I looked exactly like Mum!" Ella said looking at Willow who seemed to be deep in thought.

"Ella, try and focus on just your eye colour for a moment and try and change it to...blue?" Willow suggested.

"I don't know Willow, what if we can't get it back?" Ella said, imagining the look on her mum's face if she suddenly had different coloured eyes. She looked up at her twin sister who was gazing intently at her.

"Try it." She whispered. Ella closed her eyes and imagined herself with bright blue eyes. She squeezed her eyes shut focussing on that one image in her mind. She opened them. Willow shook her head. "Try relaxing and then do it." She suggested. Ella turned and stared out of the window. Blue eyes she thought to herself, blue eyes. She felt a slight tingling sensation spreading from the tips of her toes to the top of her head. All of a sudden, Willow squealed she looked amazed. "You did it! Try and get it back to how it was!" Surprisingly, Willow seemed to be way more excited than she was. Ella was still completely shell-shocked by the fact that this was even happening.

"Okay," Ella agreed, realising that Willow wouldn't stop bugging her till they had figured out exactly what was happening. "But I don't really know what colour they are, I mean I know they're green but..."

"Look at mine." Willow said smiling excitedly.

Ella stared into Willow's sea-green eyes and imagined her eyes being that colour. She felt the same tingling sensation and glanced at Willow, "I've done it haven't I?"

She nodded her eyes wide with fascination. "How did you know?"

"I get a kind of tingling feeling, I don't know. It's all a bit too strange isn't it, to be true." Ella sighed. She suddenly thought of something, "Wait, Willow didn't you say you heard a voice this morning in the kitchen?"

"Oh yeah, that turned out to be Ollie I think. I can hear his voice in my head!" Willow replied, beaming at her sister.

"What?! Why are you not worried about what ishappening to us? This could be really dangerous if someone finds out! Theycould use us or scientists could do tests on us. This doesn't happen every day Willow. No one can know. I don't even understand how this is real!" Withoutrealising she had got to her feet and now stood looking down at Willow hopingthis was all a dream. She turned and ran quickly up the stairs and into herbedroom, slamming the door behind her.