Chapter 19 - Willow

Ella grabbed Willow's arm and together they ran out onto the street, if they could get to a busy public area then he wouldn't be able to harm them, not with people watching. She looked around and spotted a bus stop, she had no idea where they were but Ella said, "I'm sure there is a bus we can get on, quick!"

She nodded and they gripped hard onto each other's hands and rushed over to the bus stop, trying to look calm. She had hardly caught her breath yet from what had just happened, or even tried to start to recover from the fact that they could fly!

A bus pulled up and she hastily checked with the driver that he was going near to where they lived.

"Come on Ella," she said, "this one will get us home."

Willow couldn't wait to get back, it seemed ages since they had been in school that afternoon. Both of their uniforms were messy and torn, how were they ever going to explain that to their parents?

Luckily no one seemed to have seen what had happened at the back of the block of flats they had been in. It was already mostly dark so it was unlikely that they had been spotted. They would have never been able to explain any of this to the police; they wouldn't have believed them in the slightest anyway.

They both looked nervously around them, but the man was nowhere in sight. As they sat down in their seats, Ella sighed, "Willow, this man is dangerous, we need to tell our parents."

Willow shook her head vigorously, "No, how would we explain the fact that we dropped from the top of a high building and survived? We don't even understand it ourselves yet Ella. I think that if we ever see this man again or he tries to harm us we should tell them, but for now let's keep it to ourselves. We have no idea what they would do if they discovered we had these abilities."

Ella nodded, but Willow could tell she was still unsure. "Yeah you are right, but what if they could help us figure out what is causing this?

Willow shrugged, "I don't know... But why would they know anyway? What if they told the police and everyone found out? They might even do tests on us or keep us away from other people so we don't use our powers for anything."

"That would be awful... Maybe we should keep it to ourselves for a bit longer then... I mean, he doesn't know where we live and we'll know to be on our guard, he won't be able to kidnap us again."

Willow grinned nervously, "We can always fly now too..."

Ella shook her head in disbelief, "I still can't believe that... It's amazing, but definitely not normal!"

"What, and changing appearance and telekinesis is?"

Ella smiled back. Willow knew that despite the dangers, what was happening was unbelievable.

She glanced at her watch, it was nearly six and her parents would be home any minute. They had to get back before them otherwise there would be a lot of difficult questions.

Willow turned to look at her sister as she said, "I think that we should go through the back door, we don't want Mum or Dad seeing us in this state." Willow looked down at her uniform, not only was it dirty but it also had plenty of rips. The fact that both of their uniforms were torn would be hard to explain.

They jumped off the bus and set off at a run towards their home, there was a chance they would get back in time to avoid their parents, but it was very unlikely.

As they approached the house, she could see that the lights were not on, it looked like they were just in time.

The twins were nearing the drive when Willow heard the sound of a slowing car engine approaching behind them. They had to hide, he may have come back for them.

She and Ella threw each other horrified glances, without thinking they ran up to the side of the house and crouched down next to the wall. Luckily, their black school uniforms weren't visible against the black winter night.

"Quick!" Willow hissed, and without hesitating she ran round to the back of the house.

The sound of a car door slam made her heart beat faster and Willow felt terrified as they quickly approached the back gate.

"I'll help you up first," Willow said, kneeling down to give her sister a platform. Ella nodded briefly before standing on Willow's knee and throwing herself over the gate. Willow heard her sister land on the grass on the other side of the gate with a thud. Willow looked wildly around, she would have to use the bin to climb over the gate herself. She hoisted herself up, the bin wobbled precariously underneath her but she tried to ignore it as she grabbed onto the gate and lifted her legs over. She scraped her stomach painfully on the top of the gate as she lowered herself down. Getting up, she tried to ignore the pain as together they raced towards the back door. If they could get into the house, they could lock all the doors and hide upstairs until their parents came home...

"Shhhhh,"Willow whispered grabbed the spare key from under the rock to the right of theback door and fumbled with it as she tried to fit it in the lock...