Chapter 27 - Willow

The next day, after a quick breakfast, Willow and Ella were dropped off at the headquarters for the F.I.I.V.E by their dad, who wished them luck and said we would be back to pick them up in a few hours. They were currently walking, or rather Willow was hobbling along on crutches, down a corridor in the enormous building that belonged to F.I.I.V.E, which was apparently a secret organisation that the government had organised to track down any kids with powers like theirs. They said that they did this to investigate where their abilities came from and why they had them.

The twins hadn't been to school for the last few days of term and it was now the Christmas holidays. Ella had been overjoyed knowing that they had none of the Christmas homework their class had been set and hadn't needed to do any assessments either.

"Ella there was something I was thinking about last night," Willow said quietly as they walked down the deserted corridor. "He was pointing his gun straight at me but the bullet hit me in the knee, did he turn it or did you move it with your telekinesis."

"I'm not entirely sure actually. I was trying but I was panicking and couldn't focus on the gun or bullet, but I think it is more likely than him turning away, I mean he was..."

The twins shivered. They had both tried not to talk about the man too much but it was eating away inside them. They had reached the end of the corridor, Ella looked her twin sister, "Ready Willow, to find out what these powers are really going mean to us?"

Willow nodded and they entered the room. It was incredible, she had never seen a room like it. She was used to the science labs at school which didn't even compare to this place. The expensive equipment, the polished surfaces, all of which must have cost a fortune. A man in a lab coat was sat at a desk, two chairs were already placed opposite him so the girls took their seats.

"Hello girls, I hope you are feeling better Willow, I'm sorry about what happened to you. My name is Dr Ryder, from the organisation F.I.I.V.E but most people just call us Fiive."

The girls smiled at the man. He had dark brown hair and looked very kind; the thought was reassuring. They had both been scared that he might not be nice at all.

Willow decided to tell him about the website she had found, "Dr Ryder, when we were first developing our abilities, I did some research and came across your website but I was denied access."

Dr Ryder nodded, "We cannot let everybody access that site because there is information on there that would put you all in a lot of danger. If you will let me, I will ask somebody from our team to change your computer's settings so that you are able to get on."

The girls both nodded in reply.

"Anyway, I think I owe you both an explanation. We have been watching you for some time now. We saw that you, Ella, used your telekinesis in a game of football so we came to your next game to see if you would do the same thing."

"That was you!" Willow cried. She thought the man had looked different but it had been hard to see in the gloominess when she had been watching Ella's football game. "I thought it was one of the people who wanted to hurt us, I didn't like the fact that they were watching us all the time."

Ryder smiled sadly, "I'm afraid these people were watching you a lot of them the time, but that time when you saw somebody Willow, it happened to be us."

The girls looked at each other, they hadn't even noticed one person had been tailing them, now it turned out there had been two. The thought made Willow shudder.

Ryder continued, "If we had known what was going to happen to you and how desperate these people were to get their hands on you then we would have stepped in sooner. For that, I apologise.