Chapter 7 - When Dimensions Collide! (Final)

It was night fall.

Lemmy laid awake, watching the castle grounds from the roof of the castle. None of the guards seemed to notice him lurking around.

He took it upon himself to save Rose. He couldn't standby and watch his family destroy an island populated with innocent creatures.

But what does that make me...? A traitor? Lemmy thought to himself, worry washing over him. He feared his siblings would never see him the same. After all, what he was going to do, would be considered a good deed.

"We're supposed to be pure evil...! The bad guys..." Lemmy mumbled the last part, plopping onto the ground beneath him. "But... I'm tired of hurting innocent people..." Lemmy stared up to the night sky, watching the beautiful stars twinkle before him.

"Maybe... there's more to life then being evil..." He said, his thoughts trailing off, not noticing the approaching foe behind him.

"Do you hear yourself...? Bowser would be disappointed..." A familiar voice suddenly said, making Lemmy practically jump out of his scales. He quickly turned around to face the voice.

He was met with the sight of his brother, Roy Koopa.
"R-roy..." Lemmy muttered, "you heard everything..?"

Roy let out a gruff chuckle, only giving a brief nod as a response. "But I don't expect no less for someone like you." He said, disappointment coating his tone. He slowly began to inch closer to the smaller Koopaling, making Lemmy back away.

Roy backed Lemmy to the edge of the roof, the small Koopaling stood right below a moat of scorching hot lava.

"And if ya haven't put two and two together yet, Ludwig sent me here to stop ya. He knew ya wouldn't understand." Roy grinned.

"What-" Before Lemmy could finish, Roy charged at him. In the heat of the moment, Lemmy dodged the attack, he stared at his brother in confusion and fear.

"What are you doing!?" Lemmy cried out, turning around to face his brother with a look of disbelief.

"I'm doing what I'm told! Unlike you!" Rushing forward, Roy attempted to grab ahold of Lemmy, but he was too quick on his feet. The more Roy tried to attack, Lemmy kept avoiding.

"I'm not going to fight you!" Lemmy yelled, panting tiredly.

"Weak..." Roy spat, glaring at his brother.

Suddenly, a dark shadow casted over the roof top. Both of the Koopalings looked up to see the airship. A thick purple mist was casted over the area, as the rumbling of thunder could be heard.

"Well, looks like my time here is up. Bye, runt." A rope was casted down beside Roy. He quickly grabbed a hold of it, before being pulled up into the airship.

"Wait! Stop!" Lemmy shouted. But the airship took off, creating a strong gust of wind in the process.

"Woah!" Lemmy cried out. The gust of wind was so powerful, that it sent the small Koopaling flying off of the roof.

He watched everything flash before his eyes, as he prepared to meet his end... My own siblings... Bowser.. "HOW COULD THEY-!"

The Koopaling braced himself for impact, but he never felt the hard fall. He could feel himself soaring gracefully through the air, the wind blowing through his rainbow hair.

What happened... I-.. someone saved me...?

"You don't have to be scared anymore, I gotcha' little guy!" A familiar voice soon said, making Lemmy question if he heard the voice correctly.

Slowly opening his eyes, he was met with an uncanny sight. Brown hair, blue eyes. White feathered wings flapped behind him, keeping him airborne.

"Are you okay? Your staring is... kind of creeping me out..." He said with an awkward chuckle, making Lemmy snap out of his racing thoughts.