VIII SHOPPING

[Previously]

It took Grian a moment before he spoke, "I hate to say it too, but I think we should." He knew Mumbo didn't have much time, but it would be faster looking two in one. "You take the shopping district, and I'll run home as quick as possible."

"Sounds like a plan." Mumbo turned to him to say goodbye.

"And be careful okay?" Grian grabbed his hand. "Don't run either."

"I will."

[Present- Mumbo's PoV]

He immediately turned around and ran, quite fast, Mumbo thought. He continued along the trail. By now, he should be almost to the shops. The sun shone through the trees. It crept through vines and jungle brush, making him anxious. The walking was fine, but heat made his head start feel sore. Oh no, I really shouldn't have waited. Walking up the pavement, Mumbo searched for any sign of an apple shop- or even just something that would help. The gravely road cruched when he moved. Every step nagged at his legs. He scanned the golden horison. The few shops he could make out were not useful.

Going along, Mumbo caught the potion shop. Hopefully this isn't too pricy. It was a small wooden shop holding dainty pink windows garnished with flowers. He wiped sweat off of his forehead, and pushed the doors open. Loud creaks came from them. The homely shop was appealing to the eyes and nose. It was decked out with potions, probably recently stocked. The shelves were all decorated and tidy. Each chest was neatly labeled by colors and signs. Jump boost, swiftness, night vision, He read off a few. Hmm, strength, ah, weakness. That's the one. He stood up to adjust. He thought. He read the sign next to the box label. '3 for 1 diamond' Reaching into his pocket, Mumbo realized he had actually brought nothing to pay with. In that moment all he was was mad at himself. Oh my god, He thought, taking a step backward. He even mentioned this to me and I still forgot.

Mumbo sat down on the cold floor. It was only nice for a moment, considering his condition. He sat with his arms resting on his shaky knees, gazing blankly up at the opposite wall. This is all my fault. His head felt like it was going to explode. He rubbed his eyes, not thinking about how much he was sweating. Everything felt hot and empty, almost too much to handle. I'm gonna die in this stupid potion shop. For the first time in awhile, he let himself cry. No one would be there to know anyway. He tried to breathe slowly.

No, I must keep going. The little faith he had kept him going. He had suddenly rembered his friends, and how much fun they had together. It was almost Grian's birthday, and Scar and him were going to have so much fun in the next week. He wasn't just going to let that go, snapping back to reality. There was still hope.

Mumbo slowly got back on his feet, still feeling dizzy. One step after another, working his way out from between the shelves. He used all of his energy to get to the doors. Panting, he pulled on them. They felt like boulders. His vision blurred with a heave to the door. Ultimately, causing him to fall.

~~~

Hi all! Just wanted to clarify
one thing. I am not going by
what the actually shopping
district is (obviously) bc there
is not an actual potion shop yet.
I just needed it for the story.
Thanks, have a great day
from me 2 u <3.

also sorry these are so short >_>