t h i r t y

"Hey Charli." I slowly open the bedroom door to see Charli, together with Chase, still laying in the bed. She barely went outside ever since the pictures were leaked.

"Can I talk to you? In private?" I ask the both of them, Chase nods and quickly gives Charli a peck on the lip and goes outside the room. I slowly approach the bed and sat next to her.

"You doing good?" She laughs at my question.

"Kyla, I know you're bad at comforting people so you don't have to comfort me."

"I'm not trying to comfort you. If anything, I'm trying to cheer you up." I placed both my palms on her cheek and smush them together. She laughs and removes my hands from her face.

"I'm good. I swear."

I nod, "You know what we should do? We should bake some oatmeal cookies like we used to when we were a freshman."

Her eyes gets brighter, "Yes! We definitely should!" She beams and hugs me.

________________

"No, your supposed to mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl first!" I argue back to Charli.

"Really? Didn't we used to just dump all the ingredients together."

I gave her a do-you-remember-how-that-always-turn-out-look, "Okay, yeah we definitely did it wrong."

"What are you guys doing?" Someone asks behind us, making us shriek and jump thus, making the flour fall from my hands to all over the floor.

"You scared us Ant!" I said as I looked at Anthony and he had a big smile on his face probably enjoying the mess he caused.

"We're making cookies." Charli answers.

"Cookies? Oh, you mean those weird cinnamon, oatmeal cookies?" His face contorts in judgement.

"What's wrong with our cookies?!" I asked defensively.

"As I could remember they were always a tad bit too dry."

"Well, that was before we realised what we were doing wrong."

"Okay, okay." He says putting his hands up as a sign of surrender.

"Need help?" He asks once again, surprising us. Charli and I looked at each other, "Sure." I said reluctantly.

Well, this is going to be a mess.

________________

"It actually turned out better than I had expected." I said looking at the baked batch of cookies in front of us.

We ended up making regular chocolate chip cookies since we don't have oats, and kind of made too much cookies too.

"Yeah. I thought Anthony would ruin it." Charli chimes in.

"Uh! Hey!" Anthony says flashing a hurt look on his face and placing a hand over his chest, to which we all laughed at.

It's been a long time since the three of us got to laugh and spend time like this.

________________

charlidamelio instagram story

kyla.hampton instagram story

hampton instagram story