Chapter 14

A/N- Dedicated to GayatrikothuriQuestion of the day: "Netflix or CW?"

Question of the day: "Netflix or CW?"

A/N- Dedicated to GayatrikothuriQuestion of the day: "Netflix or CW?"

"Hi there!" Paste says as she drags Carl over to us. He has a blank expression while Paste's face is alight with excitement. Oh, how I wish Carl isn't this Paste's boyfriend.

"I had plans with my friend, but I met Pasta when I was going towards the cafe. Hi, Lavender." Carl says the moment he approaches us.

Pasta? Didn't I once...?

"How do you know Paste?" Jer asks Carl. Yes Carl, how do you know Paste? If you are her boyfriend I am going to feed you the tulips you sent me.

"Pastel is dating one of my friends from uni." Thank God. I don't know why I don't want her to date Carl. He's a good guy. "Lav, can I talk to you for a second?" Carl asks, eyeing the arm Jer has around me. I reluctantly nod as he takes me away to a corner, Jer and Paste looking in our direction with confused expressions.

"What is it?" I ask Carl as he looks tense. "I just... I am sorry." Before I can ask why he continues. "For sending you flowers and giving you mixed signals. I just... I had gotten into a fight with my girlfriend and I don't know what overtook me. I noticed you barely looked my way these last few days. I don't want any of my stupid gestures to ruin our friendship." I was right earlier. He's a nice guy.

"It's okay, Carl. I was just really busy. I wasn't ignoring you." It's a lie. I was. I didn't want any extreme attention from him. "I'd still like to be friends."

"Oh thank God." His words make me giggle. He opens his arms for a hug and I shake my head, indicating it's not there yet and he gracefully retreats with a smile.

"We should go." I say as we start walking in their direction.

"I knew Jeremy always had a thing for you." Carl says as we walk. "The first time you introduced us, he told me not to break your heart or he will break all my bones." He smiles at the memory. I gasp and I stop walking. So does Carl and looks at me with a confused expression. I don't know how to feel about this. Why did I never notice before how he felt about me? "Everything okay?"