Chapter 1

A/N- Dedicated to 

A/N- Dedicated to 

Question of the day: "What's your favourite food?"

****

"So, how are you feeling, Lav? You alright?" Mrs

"So, how are you feeling, Lav? You alright?" Mrs. Bartleby asks me.

"I'm fine, Mrs. Bartleby." I reply.

"You serious?" Jer asks me.

"Yup. A 100% sure."

"Sure, sure." Mrs. Bartleby's clipped response irritates me. She's not my mother. Acting as if she knows I'm lying. Usually I have sudden nightmares and false paranoias every now and then. But that's normal, right?

"When are you getting married. Lav?" Okay, now she's seriously crossing her limit.

"I'll be leaving, Jer." I say in a stiff voice. There, that oughta teach her to mind her own business.

"Lav, wait!" Jer says, rushing behind me as I'm almost running out of the house with anger. "What happened?" He asks once we are outside and a safe distance away from his mother's over-active ears.

"Nothing much. Just tell your mom to mind her own business. Why does she want me to get married so soon? Who is she to ask me these personal questions?"

"Um, right. You're right. Absolutely right."

"Huh, there you go."

"Do you need a ride?"

"Yeah, I like horses."

He looks at me like I've grown 2 heads. "Um, sorry? I couldn't catch you."

I grinned. "I said, 'Yeah, I like horses.'"

"Uh, why did you say something like that?"

"'Cause I like riding horses, I guess?"

"Okay, let's not act stupid. Do you need a ride?"

"Unless it's a ride of a horse, I don't want it."

He sighed.

"When are you getting your car back?"

The thing I really like about Jer is that he is considerate. This may be the only reason we are friends even though he has a devil for a mother.

"Next month."

"I see."

Carl's car arrives in their driveway and Jer looks sideways at me suspiciously.

"That's Carl. He's come to pick me up."

"You gave your boyfriend our address?" Is that jealousy I see in his eyes?

"Number one: He's not my boyfriend. Why do you and Dad keep on calling him my boyfriend? Number two: I don't have a boyfriend."

"Number one: He behaves like your boyfriend. Number two: You have a boyfriend: him."

Before I have time to flip him off, I get a phone call from Raven, my cousin. I see Carl and hold a finger to indicate that I'll be a minute and he nods. I receive the call and go to a corner to talk to her. She's basically going through a midlife crisis. (She's 19.) She recently got an internship that's near her dorm in Perth, but her boss is too rude, and she hates studies and she feels everyone in this planet is a bully. Midstory of a student bullying her for buying candy, I feel warm hands enclose my waist. I immediately recognize the cologne and turn around and hug Kaushik as tightly as possible, breathing in more of his cologne. I pull back to look into his chocolate eyes, absolutely and completely and totally ignoring my beautiful, yet foolish sister. His eyes seem to be pouring with love, and I leave with him without saying goodbye to Carl or Jer. I'll just text them later.

*****

Okay, I'll be lying if I said leaving Jer and Carl hanging like that alone wasn't rude. But what can I do? I'm lovesick. And no one can know about Kaushik and me. Not 'cause I'm famous like Taylor Swift and if my relationship gets out the world will be harsh towards us, but because, well...... I don't know.

I just don't want my family and friends to make a ruckus and scare him away. He has seen enough scary things from me. Like me screaming at him after we got involved in a car accident. He was driving. (I didn't tell anyone though) I mean, I know he is my boyfriend, but he almost broke my car for good.

Kaushik is a manager for a local band somewhere, but the fact that I've never heard of that band doesn't matter because he's so sweet. He is really nice to me; I don't know what I'd do without him. I mean I know he didn't save me from dying (Instead tried to kill me in an accident.) or something, but he means a lot to me.

Wait. Hearing my train of thoughts now, I feel like I sound like the girl in the novel where she loses her memory and thinks her stupid husband is so brainy.

Okay, let me just erase all thoughts of Kaushik for now. I need to text Carl and Jer. Something. So, what should I text? "What's up? I know I suddenly left without saying anything, but a friend came, and I forgot about you, so I left."

Well, that doesn't sound awesome. It sounds like I purposely ignored them. Let's try something else. Um...something.... something...nothing. What do I text them? Damn it! Did I mention I hate my life? But I love Kaushik.

A/n- Hey, peeps! Tell me if u have any complaints about it. Thanks!

And please click the star icon to vote and make me smile. And don't forget to comment. It encourages me.

This is not my first story, i had a vampire story before, but bcoz of plotholes and lost readers, I had to let it go. please you guys make sure that the same doesn't happen to this story. Love ya guys.

Happy reading😊😊😊!!!!