Chapter Five

April 28th, 2020

listen to the music for the vibe - Elyah - The Way You Make Me Feel (ft. Jonah)

Chapter Five

He moved back an inch from my neck and I lowered my head to limit his access. I could feel the anger rolling off him. Alpha Hawthrone did not appreciate being interrupted.

"What is it, Peter?" The leather seat squeaked as Hawthorne's grip tightened. Peter was the same massive man I'd seen yesterday. The beta or gamma of the pack if I had to guess. Peter didn't answer out loud but I recognized the absent look on Hawthorne's face. Reluctantly and with a huff of frustration, he got off of me and ducked out of the car.

"Follow me." He demanded, pulling my seat upright.

I didn't move. Listening to any of his commands set a precedent I wasn't interested in continuing. I was better off not listening at all. Maybe then he'd tire of me and let me go without a hassle.

He stared right at me and I averted my gaze to his exposed collar bone. Which led to his wide muscular shoulders and down his defined chest to that eight pack and the vee that trailed right down to-

I was pulled out of the car like a child and lifted into the air before he placed me rigidly next to the car. My skin tingled where he'd touched me.

"You can either walk. Or I'll throw you over my shoulder and parade your tight ass around my pack."

My eyes widened and I stumbled forward. No way would I allow him to manhandle me like that! I didn't dwell on the hidden compliment in his threat, the way he spoke to me was despicable. He smirked before turning on his heel and setting off. I made sure to keep adequate distance as I followed him into the blue house. All the people from earlier had disappeared and it was just the three of us in the large entrance hall. The renovations inside were immaculate. Pale wide plank wood flooring and tall ceilings with beautiful crown moulding. The kind of house I might pin on Pinterest. A recent discovery that led to many late nights.

Hawthrone watched me take in his house. When I finished he twirled his finger at me- I was to turn around. His quiet confidence made me weak in the knees, even as I ignored his demand once more. The smirk returned at my disobedience and he flashed the small gold key in his other hand. Peter must have given it to him.

"I'd hoped you wouldn't listen." He took a step towards me and I one back. "Peter, leave us."

I watched Peter wide-eyed, silently begging him not to leave me here alone. Alpha Hawthorne obviously had a few screws in his head lose. Peter caught my gaze and shrugged noncommittally as if to say: you brought this on yourself. I scowled at him, making friends in this pack would be impossible. They were all a bunch of goody-two-shoes, ass-kissing traitors!

And then there were two. I backed up further, my knees hitting a white bench. I fell on my butt an unladylike 'oomph' escaping me. He stalked towards me. I had no choice but to look up at his towering figure, disliking the submissive state it placed me in and carefully avoided his glare. I still didn't know his eye colour.

He reached out to me and ran his fingers down my cheek. I shivered in anticipation. His mood was hard to read. He was angry I hadn't listened, but also somehow pleased. Whatever came next would not be good for my undies. There was no way even a good wash could rescue them, they needed to be burned to hide the evidence of my arousal.

Hawthorne's hand continued over to tangle in my dark red hair. With a sharp tug, he forced my head back. I whimpered. His face came closer until I could feel his breath along the sensitive ridges of my ear.