10

tears were streaming down your face as you stared at your father's coffin. you were breathing heavily as the minister spoke. you didn't hear anything, his voice was drowned out by ache in your chest. You really needed a hug.

the minister finished his speech and everyone started walking towards your house, your mother faster than anyone, she was exhausted because of all the extra work, you tried to help as much as you could while Tyler locked himself in his room, he always did that when he felt bad, he wouldn't talk to anyone until he snapped. you hoped he would soon, it isn't healthy to keep your feelings bottled up inside.

you forced your mind to trail off, thinking about everything that had happened in Avonlea, there was news about gold, but your mother didn't have enough money, especially since your father's income was gone.

the past few weeks were pretty much exhausting, you either had to help with cleaning, or your mother send you outside, so you went to the story club alot with Anne, Tyler, Cole and Diana.

"Y/n?" you snapped out of your thoughts and looked up to see Diana, looking at you with sympathy, "are you coming?" she asked.

you looked around to see everyone was gone already, even Tyler. you nodded as you wiped away some tears.

"I'm so sorry for your loss Y/n," Diana said giving you another sympathetic look.

you sent her a small smile as you walked towards your house, your head down.

the day went by dreadfully slow, the house was filled with people all day, some of them didn't even know your father, yet here they were, crying as if their world had fallen apart just as much as yours did.

Tyler had locked himself in his room again, and you had the strong urge to join him, but you didn't want to leave your mother by herself.

she was sitting across the room staring out the window, a few women looking at her with pity.

you walked over to her, laying your hand on her shoulder. she slowly looked up, a tear sliding down her cheek. "it's going to be okay mom," you whispered softly.

she nodded, sniffling softly as she took you into her arms. "I know sweetheart, I'm sorry."

"don't apologize." you hugged her tight and stayed with her until all the guests had left.

"would you mind bringing your brother some soup?" your mother asked, once it started to get dark.

you nodded, "I wonder how he's feeling," you mumbled as you made him a bowl.

you knocked on your brother's door, before opening it. "I brought soup," you said once he looked up at you.

"thanks," he mumbled as he closed his book.

you put the bowl on his desk. "you know I'm here for you, right?"

"yea..." Tyler nodded softly, tears pricking in his eyes. "I know."

you sent him a sympathetic smile, before leaving his room. You slowly walked back through the hallway, avoidingpictures of your father, you could feel your legs getting tired and your eyes were heavy.

"Im going to bed. Good night, mum," you said, looking into the living room.

"Good night, dear," she said.

you walked upstairs and into your room closing the door behind you. sighing, you sat down onto your bed, you pushed the thoughts about your father away and looked around you room.

Even though you were awfully tired, you weren't sleepy just yet and wanted to get your mind off things for a second.

your eyes landed on gilberts letter and soon your mind wandering off to Gilbert and his soft lips.