9

it was almost midnight and you were sitting at your desk with an empty paper and a pen in front of you. you wanted to write Gilbert back, but you didn't know what to say.

you sighed as you stood up walking over to your nightstand, you picked up the photo of you and Gilbert and stared at it frowning.

I wish you were here.

groaning you put it back on your nightstand with a loud thud. you grabbed your pen and wrote the words

Dear Gilbert,

that's it. that's all you could write right now. you threw your pen onto your desk and collapsed onto your bed sighing once again as a tear slid down your cheek.

why didn't you tell me you were leaving?

that night you cried yourself to sleep just as many nights before, only now you had even more to cry about. your father was dying and you couldn't even see him. and Gilbert wasn't here to comfort you like you always did for him. you couldn't blame him. he didn't even know, but god you missed him like crazy.

Gilbert missed you too, in Trinidad trying to sleep in his hammock not able to get you out of his head, wondering how you were doing, if you got his letter, if you hated him or if you forgave him. he stared at your photo sighing softly.

"what's going on with you Blythe?" Gilbert looked up from his photo to see Bash looking at him.

"nothing... just thinking," Gilbert replied sighing.

"wanna talk about it?" Bash asked causing Gilbert to let out a chuckle.

"not really," he said scratching his neck.

"are you sure? you're always thinking lately," Bash says.

"I miss my best friend is all." Gilbert sighed.

"what's his name?" Bash asked.

"her name is Y/n." Gilbert said as your face flashed before his eyes again. his cheeks flushed a light pink color talking about you.

"ah a girl" Bash said teasingly.

"she's just a friend," Gilbert said, clenching his jaw.

she made that clear.

Bash chuckled. "then why are you blushing right now Blythe?" Bash asked.

"I'm not, she's really just a friend," Gilbert said sighing.

she doesn't love me back.

"I don't believe you," bash said chuckling as he studied Gilbert's face.

"can we stop talking about her?" Gilbert asked groaning.

"alright, but you love her," Bash said laying back down.

Gilbert tightly clenched his jaw.

yea I do.

"if you say so Bash, good night." Gilbert lowered his head back onto his pillow.