4

Reader POV

I looked at Nebra with confusion. "Scum?"

She ran over to the other side of the room. "Nozel! Have your interests become so needy that you would date a peasant?"

Nozel scowled. "Nebra, I never said I was dating her. Nor would I ever."

I said nothing but drowned out their hurtful words.

Until Nozel said something horrible.

"Knowing those peasants, it was probably her fault that her family died. No peasant should have the same mana level as us royals," he spat. "That's probably why the Dark Triad-"

I stood up, my grimoire rising with me as I opened it. "The fuck did you say?"

Nozel stood up slowly. "Nebra, tell the servants to prepare one of the lower rooms. If this peasant must be under my watch, she will be treated as such."

He started to walk out of the room when I grabbed his hand.

"Get your hands off me!" He tried to get away but I was absolutely furious.

"How dare you suggest that it was my fault they died!"

However, inside, I knew he was right.

If I had just submissively gone with them, my brothers would be alive along with everyone else.

But it was still hurtful to say.

"That's it! If you have a problem with me, take it up with me! And not my family!" I seethed.

The pressure of mana intensified in the room.

Nozel growled to his sister; "Actually, tell the others to leave the training area. I've got to settle a score with this woman."

He dragged me along to a huge open space.

Thank goodness it was the winter month of December.

It would be a huge advantage to me.

"I don't care that Julius Novochrono has instructed me to 'take care of you'," he made air quotes. "I will not be touched and you will show respect to me as a royal and the man who is making sure you aren't rotting in jail."

Something told me that I wouldn't be in jail regardless of who had 'saved' me.

I growled at him; "I don't give one flying rat's ass who you are. You treat those 'beneath' you with no respect at all. To think that you are a captain! Ha, kiss my ass!"

"I'll teach you your place, peasant!"

Our magic clashed as his subordinates watched.

They expected me, a peasant who stereotypically had hardly any mana, to be wiped out in an instant.

Instead, my magic almost made their captain fall onto his bum.

"What the-?"

"She's got a four-leaf!" A member called.

"Ice Magic: Shards of Attack!" The air became colder as ice shards formed into daggers and flew at the captain.

He blocked it with his mercury magic.

"Mercury Magic: Silver Rain!"

I stomped on the floor and it was turned into ice (ELSA WHO?) as did some of the statues.

Nozel flew into the sky with mercury wings.

"Ice Magic: Total Zero!"

Before he could unleash another spell, he was frozen.

His frozen form fell from the sky.

I knew that if I allowed him to fall onto the ground, he would smash into thousands of pieces- dead.

"Ice Magic: Reverse Zero! Shards of Attack!"

He unfroze as I released another attack.

One grazed his cheek, causing him to bleed.

"What the heck? Her ice is a deep share of red! But also blue!"

I was so angry. "You've crossed the line. It wasn't my fault they died."

Nozel was about to say something.

He knew that I was about to lose control.

"Ice Magic: Artic Fox Spirit Dive!" 

My ice spirit emerged from his sleep in my grimoire. "Seriously, (y/n)? I was just dreaming-"

"Not now, Robin. I need you to do it."

Robin sighed and the spell activated.

Fox ears made out of ice came onto my head, nine tails became attached to me, and fox gloves with sharp daggers (all made out of ice) transformed me.

"Wait! That looks like a Kitsune takeover!"

"Don't do it!" A familiar voice shouted.

Both of us stopped and saw Julius Novochrono in the courtyard, ready to activate his spell.

"If you use that magic, you might kill him!"

"He deserves to die! He-"

Julius trapped me in Chrono Statis as he did with Nozel.

"All of you, get back to your duties. Now."

The members of the Silver Eagles did as they were told.

Julius was fuming, that much I could tell.

He released us from Chrono Statis in Nozel's office. Nebra had sensed his pissed-off aura and exited the room.

"Nozel, Nozel, Nozel." Julius gave a smile to his subordinate but both of us knew he was ready to kill someone. "When I say watch her, I don't mean watch her kick your butt."

Nozel was about to snap when he knew that if he did, it would be no good.

Julius sat down on the couch. I crossed my arms and looked away at Nozel who sat on the same couch as I, but six feet apart.

(Cough Coronavirus Cough)

"I am disappointed in you, Nozel."

Nozel hung his head in shame. "I deeply apologize, Wizard King."

"Don't apologize to me,"

Nozel gritted his teeth. "I'm sorry, (y/n) (l/n)."

"I don't accept your apology."

Julius sighed.

"I leave you two alone to get to your duties and such for a day or so and you come close to almost killing each other? I intended to ask you about something regarding him, but instead, I see my subordinate almost killing the woman he is supposed to be protecting." 

Julius placed his hands together and made tired dad sounds.

"Here I thought Yami's squad was a clown house, especially with that Asta." The orange-haired male took a deep breath. "Nozel, I am giving you one more chance to make sure she is fine. Otherwise-"

"Fine." Nozel frowned. He knew that if he didn't make up with me, Novochrono would send me to Yami's hideout since he also knew about it

I refused to look at him. "Wizard King, if I may..."

"What do you plan to do?" Novochrono asked.

I frowned. "I wish to go somewhere else. I don't feel welcome around this noble."