16

⤜✵✵⤛

Reader POV

"I saw my parents," Asta was shaking.

He stepped away from me as the others were still stuck in their trances.

"If you knew the truth about my past, you wouldn't look at me the same," his head was down and tears sprinkled the snowy ground. "You would hate me."

I shook my head. "No, Asta. I could never hate you. Where's the boy that would crush your past? Asta, the past doesn't make you a good or bad person. It's who you are now that counts."

"But (y/n)." Asta looked back up at me. "Dante Zogratis. Do you remember anything about him."

"I know that he overthrew House Grinberryal with Zenon and Vanica,"

"And?" Asta continued with a shaking voice. "He not only killed your mother and remaining family and friends but-"

Ebony yawned. "You both are so slow. (y/n) (l/n), one of the remaining descendants of House Grinberryal, allow me to introduce you to Asta Zogratis. Son of Dante Zogratis."

My eyes widened and my grimoire floated into the air. "Asta...?"

"I'm so sorry!" He couldn't face me.

"Your father and his siblings killed everyone I loved and cared for back from the village I came from..."

Ebony continued. "Not only that, but your mother and Vanica Zogratis are related, which also makes you and Asta related by blood, which also makes that wind-mage Yuno related to you both." He frowned. "Vanica was the king's secret love child. Dante, Zenon, and Vanica are actually all secret love children of the King."

" You see, King Spade decided that he was tired of his queen. He only conceived two children with his wife. Princess Anne, (y/n)'s mother, and Princess Loyce, who is Yuno's mother. He would visit his mistress until she found out that her man was actually King Spade. You see, Lady Zongratis was blind. She had no idea who was who. When she found out he had lied to her, she left the castle and raised all three of her children to hate House Grinberryal. Of course, when she died, the three decided that they were the rightful rulers of the Spade Kingdom since the eldest, was older than your mother, (y/n)."

"But what really turned the tables was the fact that Princess Anne married a man who was distantly related to the Zogratis family. And before you ask, no. (y/n) is NOT a product of incest. Vanica looks like your mother because she and your mother share a father."

Ebony yawned. "Well, that's the history up-to-date. But for some reason, Vanica and her siblings want you alive, (y/n). Maybe to slay you themselves. Or-"

"Ice Magic: Swords of Spade!"

Deep red swords with dark blue tips aimed at Ebony.

"SHIT!" The albino leaped out of the air as some ice shards cut his clothing and started to make him bleed. "Music Magic: Crescendo!"

A huge series of spells that was gradually increasing hit us.

"Get up and help me, Asta!"

"How can you trust me, (y/n)! My father helped kill your family and friends! I-"

"You'll shut the fuck up and help me overtake this asshole since everyone else is in a trance!" I held out my hand to take since he was collapsed on the snow. "You say you want to be the Wizard King one day, Asta? Then fucking help me! Your past doesn't define you!"

As if something snapped in my mind, he pushed me out of the way and slashed the spell in half.

"You're right." He looked as if he was about to kill Ebony. "We gotta take out the trash, Ice-Silva!"

"Don't call me Ice-Silva!" I said. "I'm not even married to him!"

"Not yet!" He ignored my comment. "We need to release everyone after defeating Ebony!"

Nozel POV

"He's waking up,"

My vision was blury, but I could tell I was no longer in the mines with everyone else.

"Where am I?"

"You are in the Spade Castle, darling." It was Rina. She was far too close to my face. "It's a shame your little girlfriend is actually royalty that the Dark Triad and Dark Disciples must finish spilling blood for. You both would've had a beautiful family."

"Rina, get off him," the male from before said as he closed the door to the room I was in.

"What do you mean (y/n) is royalty? House Grinberryal was murdered 15 years ago,"

Rina looked at her companion and started laughing. "Jiyoon, do you hear this foolish Cloverian Noble?!"

"Enough. Rina, go somewhere else. I will deal with him."

Rina's devil's tail swished with annoyance but she did as she was told.

The door closed behind her.

Jiyoon took a seat as I stood up. "I wouldn't kill me if I were you," he warned. "Unless you want your comrades to die?"

"Where are they!" I growled.

Jiyoon laughed. "Oh, you stupid male." He opened his grimoire and a huge game board fell onto the floor. I looked closer and saw the two logos of the Silver Eagles and Crimson Lions- facing a Spade piece.

"They are currently playing their own game," Jiyoon said. "Now. You need to tell us everything you know about (y/n) Grinberryal (l/n)."

"Hold on. I'm confused. My (y/n) is Royalty?"

Jiyoon rolled his purple eyes. "Yes, you fool. Didn't you hear Rina earlier? Not only is she Royalty, she is somewhat related to the Zogratis family. Everyone in that family, even if they are distantly related, all have the powers of a devil. Even William (l/n) had the powers of a devil named Aquillius."

My head was spinning. "So (y/n)'s past as she knows it has been nothing but a lie."

Jiyoon nodded. "The Dark Triad needs their step-niece to complete the final piece with the final order of bringing humans and devils together."

"Wait!" I stopped him as he was about to leave, taking note of how I was in chains, stopping my magic. "If (y/n) has the power of a devil, how come she has never used it?"

"Because for some reason, her devil refuses to show up. Rina, who is (y/n) distant cousin, says that her power of a devil will arise soon."

With that, I was left to my thoughts.

My head was spinning.

Did (y/n) know and choose not to tell me?

Is it because she knows that Megicula, the devil with the host of her step-aunt Vanica is the one who cursed Mother Acier to die?

If (y/n)'s mother was truly royalty, how come she was cursed? Didn't William (l/n) do something about it?

Rage surged through me.

If indeed she was lying, I would make her pay. Maybe she was indeed a traitor and I was too blinded by love to realize.

Then it hit me.

Other devils could sense other devils. No one told her that Asta used a devil's anti-magic, yet she knew right away.

When I had met Asta at first, I had no idea he used devil's magic until I saw him fight that first day in the entrance exam for the Magic Knights one and a half years ago.

Not only that, but maybe she lured us here to end us all.

I didn't want to believe it.

Julius Novochrono trusted her.

But then again, he didn't know the full extent of a devil.

If (y/n) was truly a traitor, I would personally end her.