【GEAR 9】

✧✧✧

ѕιℓєη¢є ιѕ вєттєя тнαη мєαηιηgℓєѕѕ ωσя∂ѕ.

✧✧✧

The body of the boy fell to the ground beneath like a doll thrown away. It was a moment of victory for the woman, but it was her miscalculation. The scene was witnessed by a man of blue eyes. Sasha was alarmed and shouted from where she was, claiming that it was an accident. Taurent, eyeing the lifeless small body of Rea right in front of him, filled his mind with anger.

The scene was seen by the servants, who were having their dinner in the kitchen. Because the kitchen was directly below the art room, they could see Rea's body hit the ground. The girls screamed in terror and the boys rushed outside. Jean fell on his knee, picking up the pale boy who was lying on the ground near the bushes. Blood flowed from his head due to the hard impact and Oli stood there in disbelief with what had just happened.

"I – I should call the doctor," Oli stuttered and rushed back inside. The lady in red covered her mouth with her hands, her legs shaking. She had promised him to look after the kids, especially Rea. She had planned for this and made it seem as if Rea was being careless. Taurent came at the wrong time, she didn't act fast enough. Her jealousy brought her to her own misery.

Taurent marched up the stairs. Scared if anything bad happened to the lady, the girls followed behind him. The twins waited outside as he closed the space between him and his wife. Sasha frantically tried to explain her actions but was stopped with a hand on her face, squishing both of her cheeks.

"Taurent," Sasha pleaded with her sweet voice, she intended to stir him from whatever he was thinking of doing to her. Taurent moved forward as she progressed backward to the same window Rea fell from. Her back on the window sill, her hair danced with the wind. She struggled, trying to peel off the man's grip from her face.

"This will be the last time. I will not tolerate you any further. Don't push me Sasha," Taurent warned.

"But, Taurent!"

A slap went across her face by the time she opened her mouth. She stumbled and crashed to her canvas, holding her reddened cheek. Her husband walked outside, and the twins rushed in to aid the lady. Sasha was still in shock as he dared to hit her.

"If only he was dead. I want him dead!" She punched on the floor and started to wail. The two girls tried to calm her down, afraid the master would go into a frenzy of anger if he lost his patience.

It wasn't long for the doctor to come and tend to Rea. The atmosphere was gloomy. The lady spent her time in the room she shared with Taurent and the master stayed in Rea's room. The servants had nothing to do as the adults did not need anything from them. The children spent their days worrying over the other three.

It had been a week and Taurent never once went to his doll room or made clothes. He kept fondling on the two artificial legs he finally finished. While Rea was still recovering, Taurent was working on them. On that day, he attempted to put it on for the boy. It was perfect, and he put on a faint smile.

He looked intently to the boy's face, studying Rea's features. He let out a sigh and walked out of the boy's room. He planned to take a stroll that night and maybe he could smoke some cigarettes, even though he was not a smoker. He did it a few times to change the atmosphere around him.

Taurent peeked through every door of the children's rooms, which were located upstairs next to Rea's room. They were all sleeping. He also went to check on Sasha in their room downstairs, but it was locked. Taurent didn't try to knock, he understood if Sasha refused to see him at the time, or perhaps she was merely sleeping. Maybe next time he could try to make peace.