【GEAR 13】

✧✧✧

ωє αяє αℓℓ ѕєαя¢нιηg ƒσя ѕσмєσηє ωнσѕє ∂ємσηѕ ρℓαу ωєℓℓ ωιтн συяѕ

✧✧✧

Rea opened a door to a room that had been left vacant for quite some time. The room was clean with little to no speck of dust as it was regularly cleaned. He walked past through the figures of two boys in the room near the door and took a neatly folded blanket on the bed. He looked around if there was another blanket he could use. He then walked out without even bothering to look at the two mannequins to the next room.

He opened the door slowly and was greeted by two shorter mannequins of two girls. Rea stopped to look at the two. They looked very identical. Their figures were delicate but still as pretty as always. He searched for a blanket in the room but found out that the item he searched for was on top of a wardrobe. He took a nearby chair and placed it in front of the wardrobe.

He pulled the blanket by its hem, but it appeared to be stuck. It was a heavy one, and so he thought about how he could retrieve it. Then he had an idea. It is time to use his most convenient tool whenever he wants something.

He put the chair to where it belonged and walked quickly but with little sound out to another room across. He knocked on the door and peeked his head inside. The view of Taurent fixing the frills to another new piece was not rare for him. Rea let himself in and take in the smell of roses in the room.

"Oh, Rea. Why are you out of your room, you need something?" Taurent asked. Rea simply nodded. Taurent then asked him to wait. The adult took a dark green flower made of fabric and told Rea to hold it to the side of his head. Rea followed the instructions as Taurent was deciding whether to choose the bright yellow flower or the dark blue one that was placed on a table near to Rea.

Taurent then put the dark blue flower next to the one Rea held. The adult thought in silence as he compared the two flowers with the green one. Then Taurent nodded his head in satisfaction. The man told him, "I bought this new green flower for decoration today because it reminds me of you. You are so beautiful like this flower and your green eyes never fail to pull me in."

Rea gave the fake flower back when Taurent held his hand out. The young boy walked to the long mirror in the corner and looked at himself. Rea fair complexion and porcelain skin was clear of blemishes. He observed his green eyes and he could say he was rather amazed with how he looked. It was understandable when Taurent kept praising him on a daily basis as if it was a prayer to go through every day's struggles, as if he was worshipping him.

Then Rea felt a pressure of a hand squeezing on his shoulder as he watched Taurent look into the frame from behind him. The blue eyes of the man were piercing into him through his reflection. It was during these moments where Rea would sometimes feel nervous. When Taurent would just observe him and their eyes locked in the silence. It was as if the adult was cutting him open and stuffing him with cotton. Rea's heart would thump loudly and his breathing would often hitch.

Rea could feel Taurent rubbing his thumb on his shoulder as they kept their gaze on each other. Then Taurent spoke, continuing his last sentence, "But like flowers, you can also wilt. They bloom, and then they wither. Just like I do, I faded from the life of the people I deemed important. I was as young and beautiful as you are before, but I am also a man. My voice changed. The voice that was ignored was finally shut out completely. I grew bigger, and I put up muscles. My family, who only valued me because of my looks, threw me away after they saw I have no worth without it. Who would want a son who played with dolls when the other boys would learn archery and other manly things?"

Taurent let out a weak laugh. The adult broke the eye contact first and buried his face on top of Rea's head. Noticing that the other must be filled with sadness, Rea couldn't help but feel the emotions as well. The young boy looked down on the floor. The time they had spent together in this big house had made both of them affected by each other's sentiments very easily. Rea, who barely talks after the incident, can only be understood by Taurent without the need of giving much hints.

Taurent continued and Rea silently listened to him, "Then you might ask, 'Why am I behaving like them now?' You see Rea, the dolls in the house, none of them were made carelessly. I made them, took care of them meticulously, and kept them behind closed doors to avoid any damage so they can always look so beautiful. I understand now, it must be love. They must have thrown me away because they realized they didn't look after me carefully, so they refused to see their failure.

So, I thought, maybe if I take care of you well enough, you can stay as beautiful as you are now. I don't want you to change, Rea. I am afraid I would throw you away like them because it hurts so much. What is it to be proud of if I can't ensure your well-being as well as your peace of mind?" his voice trailed off.

Taurent sighed, the atmosphere was heavy. Rea gently brushed off the hand on his shoulder and spun to face the adult. The miserable expression on the man's face caused a pang in his innocent little heart. Taurent could never let people see his sadness, but Rea was an exception. A lost child who craved for acceptance had built him like this and only Rea could understand and put up with his attitude.

Taurent gently pushed him away, turning his face to the other side. He was an adult, a 21 year old adult who should act as a protector. Not the other way around. He gave Rea some head rubs and a calm smile to assure the boy that he was fine. He finally straightened up and went back to his regular personality.

"What do you want me to do?" Taurent asked. Rea quickly walked out from the room to the previous area and stood in front of the wardrobe, looking up to the blanket. Taurent took the blanket and passed it to the boy. Noticing there was another blanket in the room, Taurent figured Rea must have something in his mind.

"Why so many blankets?" Taurent asked.

Rea then took the ends of the two blankets and tied them up together. He proceeded to drag the long fabrics to his room by which in Taurent's mind, Rea looked like a small animal with a long tail. Still, he wondered, since Rea rarely acted out by himself. The adult followed him.

In the room, Taurent noticed a children's book was on the boy's bed. It was a book he bought for the boy when he first stepped into the house. He had taught him how to read slowly since Rea had no educational background due to poverty. At least, Rea could now help him in reading letters and requests sent by customers.

The adult shrugged. Maybe Rea wanted to play. Taurent turned around as an unusual thought suddenly poked him, "Don't try to let the blankets down from the window. Bad people can come up. I will be continuing my work. Call for me if you need anything."

Rea nodded and waited for Taurent to close his door. It got him thinking if he should follow the master or let Haemi climb up.

Maybe just once. He wanted to hear Haemi talk as well, it had become a routine to let the other boy blabber his mouth to fill in the silence of his days. So, just for a while, he would let Haemi to climb up and spend time with him.

A/N: I wonder if Taurent sounds like a pervert in this chapter LOL I also wonder, do you guys understand what Taurent was feelings?