【GEAR 23】

✧✧✧

ωнєη ∂єαтн σνєятαкєѕ υѕ, αℓℓ тнαт ωє нανє ιѕ ℓєƒт тσ σтнєяѕ, αℓℓ тнαт ωє αяє ωє тαкє ωιтн υѕ.

✧✧✧

Rea ran as fast as he could in the night. He recalled the directions he took with Taurent the first time they went to Emily's bookstore. His eyes searched for the manor he felt as home but was a prison from another's perspective.

No one was in sight but the stars in the dark sky watched him as he struggled to find the manor. He scurried along the path until a familiar alley went into his view. He strolled around with his hands on his chest, steadying his breathing. As he went closer to the next turn, he heard mumbles of a small crowd.

When he arrived, there were people in uniforms with torchlight in their hands. In the middle of the circle was a man of blonde forced onto his knees. The man shouted, "Let me go! He's waiting for me, I promised him I'll come back!"

Rea rushed to the scene and pushed through the crowds. His mind called for the man over and over until he got to him. Rea pushed the officers away and shielded him with his small figure. "Get away from him," his shaky voice tried to sound brave.

"Who are you, boy?" One of the men in uniform flashed the light into his eyes. Rea refused to answer them as he continued to protect the blonde from them. Rea looked around to the faces of the masses. Pity in their eyes and words of sympathy were thrown everywhere.

"This is him. This boy is Rea. Taurent took him in a year ago," one of the ladies spoke up. She was one of the regulars who kept fawning over Taurent but now she looked at him in disgust. The crowds around them were making him anxious but he would not be afraid, after all, this was the choice he finally made by himself. He would stay with Taurent.

One of the officers pulled Rea away from Taurent as they continued to take hold of the blonde, his face on the ground as he kept calling for Rea. Rea struggled so hard but he was weaker than most, he was unable to escape from their holds.

"Rea Brialle, we are taking you to the children's care. We will be taking your father into custody."

Father? Rea thought. He never knew he was taking the last name of the man. Taurent was legally his foster father all this time and yet, he never called him as one. He had always wished for one and he turned his back on Taurent at one point.

If he recalled back, Taurent never asked him or the other kids to call him master. It was the lady that asked them to address him and her as such. Taurent never asked to be seen as their master.

"W-wait, no please," Rea stuttered as he watched Taurent get taken away. Their eyes were locked but then they were separated by the body of the masses who were watching Taurent in capture. Rea continued to plead, "Please, officer, don't take him away."

Another officer kneeled down to Rea's line of sight. The stranger ruffled his hair, "There, there my boy. You are safe, now. You can finally be happy with the other kids at the house care, alright?" The same man motioned them to take Rea away.

Rea heard the communication between the two. Since it was night, he was instructed to stay in one of the officer's houses called Peter since his house was nearby. Rea observed his surroundings, the crowd started thinning as Taurent was finally nowhere to be seen.

"Let me go," Rea grunted as he tried to peel off Peter's hold from his wrist, however, he couldn't even budge the adult. The boy started to panic after knowing that he wouldn't be able to meet Taurent as easily as before. He should have stopped him from going out.