【GEAR 24】

✧✧✧

∂єαтн ιѕ ησт тнє gяєαтєѕт ℓσѕѕ ιη ℓιƒє. тнє gяєαтєѕт ℓσѕѕ ωαѕ ωнαт ∂ιєѕ ιηѕι∂є υѕ αѕ ωє ℓινє.

ησямαη ¢συѕιη

✧✧✧

People were crowding near the manor. Women, men as well as children from all status and professions filled the space. A medium sized stage was prepared in front of the manor as well as the deadly view of the guillotine.

Rea was squeezing through the hot body of the masses. The noises and the small area for breathing made him feel anxious. Taurent was nowhere to be seen.

All of a sudden, cheering and whistles filled the air. Two bulky men were holding a blonde man up the ramp. Taurent finally arrived. Rea's heart was beating loudly, he couldn't hear the voices of others any longer. His eyes were focused on the unkept figure of the man he called master.

"Taurent Brialle, had murdered his wife, a couple as well as several kids, totaling to 7 murders. Most of the acts occurred in this very manor that all of you are seeing. Due to his inhumane actions, the court had decided to punish him with a public execution. Let this day be a reminder to the public," a man announced.

Rea saw how Taurent was forced on his knee and placed his head directly under the blade. However, the boy noticed that the adult didn't resist or fight, as if he had accepted his fate. He couldn't believe his eyes as he pushed through the crowds harder.

"Wait, master!" Rea tried to reach out to him but he knew his voice could not overcome the loud noises the public was making. He kept pushing through, decreasing the distance between him and the stage with his tears running down his pale skin.

"Ma- Father!"

Hearing the familiar voice, Taurent was woken up to his senses. Something inside of him started working again. Taurent searched for the voice as he called out, "Rea? REA!" Taurent struggled out of the hold as he saw the face of the boy that had given him happiness, although it was shorter than the amount of despair he had lived in.

Rea attempted to climb on the stage as Taurent fell on the floor with his hands tied on his back. The boy pulled the man into his arms as the crowds started to murmur. The bulky man that held the rope to the guillotine tried to peel Taurent off from him.

"Wait, please. Please show mercy to him," Rea pleaded as his lips trembled. His voice was shaking as his breathing hitched from the cries. The men on the stage looked at each other as the person who had made an announcement earlier came close.

"Young boy, this person is a threat to society. Not only that, we had been instructed to carry out the punishment. No matter who you are, we can not defy the orders given."

Rea tightened his arms around Taurent. His small hands gripped on the shirt of the adult. The boy begged, "Please, I don't have anyone else."

The same man sighed as he signaled the nearest person beside the one holding the rope to take Taurent away. With the sudden actions, Rea felt as if his happiness was snatched away from his holds. Taurent also tried to escape from the strong man hold but he seemed weaker than usual.

With his last strength, Taurent was able to escape for a brief moment as he gave the boy a hug although without his arms enveloping the boy. There were soft sniffles near Rea's ear as Taurent rested his chin on the boy's shoulder.

With a small and heartbreaking voice, Taurent apologized, "I'm sorry I can't take care of you anymore. Live well, Rea."

Then, the both of them were separated from each other. Rea was forced to go down the stage and Taurent's neck was placed again right under the shiny blade. Rea cried his heart out as he shouted for the crowd to help him get Taurent back to him.