【GEAR 19】

✧✧✧

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝;

𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚎.

⁻ᴸⁱˡⁱᵗʰ ˢᵃⁱⁿᵗᶜʳᵒʷ

✧✧✧

Rea was eating toast for breakfast with warm milk that had been mixed with honey. Haemi made him the same drink before sleep as well. It tasted good, so Rea wouldn't complain. The house was a big bungalow, though it still felt like the house he had with Taurent was bigger, but that was not important.

He spent his nights in Haemi's room, cuddled up together in the same bed. They talked about different books, well, they did converse with one another. Rea's throat felt a lot better after Haemi made him drink 3 times a day. It was the third day he lived together with the family.

"I wonder where my dad is. Mom said he should come yesterday, but he didn't."

Rea looked at the other boy, flipping through the pages of a new book they bought together in the capital. Anne also bought him a new pair of shoes and a hat. Normal clothes after a long time.

"Hey, you want to try and play outside?"

"Play outside?"

"We can try to catch some bugs."

Rea made a disgusted face. He would prefer staying inside solving puzzles, reading books or just laying around. That was usually what he did all day. Well, he thought, maybe trying something new once in a while wouldn't be so bad.

"Let's go," Rea beamed as he stood up and walked to the front door. He put on his new shoes and tried to tie his shoelaces by himself. Haemi taught him how to do it, so he knew how to. After they finished, Haemi gave him a small net.

"I saw your face earlier. We are not going to catch the disgusting bugs in your head, well maybe some, but I want to show you how to catch a butterfly."

"Butter, fly. Funny," Rea's face distorted as he wanted to laugh but he decided to play it cool. Haemi cracked at Rea's weird face, which they ended up laughing together.

They went to the backyard where butterflies were flying here and there. There were also groups of small wild flowers on the ground. Haemi ran around trying to catch the butterflies into his net. Rea opened the lid of a glass jar when Haemi shouted to him that he got one.

"This is mine. You should try to catch yours," Haemi told him as he closed the lid. Rea stared at the light-colored butterfly in the jar. Gripping his net, Rea ran after some butterflies that were around him.

Haemi sat down, watching Rea try his best. Then he saw Rea fall down, face to the ground. Haemi shot up immediately and rushed to Rea. "Are you okay?"

Rea wiped his face, spitting the grass and dirt. He looked at his dirty hands. The pain on his palms and face was throbbing but somehow, it was not the kind of hurt he disliked. That was so fun. The smell of nature was indeed different from how the perfumes of the ladies that went into the shop.

"Hey, what's wrong? Your hands hurt?" Haemi grabbed the other's hands that Rea had been glared at so intensely, rubbing the dirt off, "There, you're fine now." Haemi opened his own jar, wanting to give him one of his butterflies.