Chapter 17

In Taehyun's Phone

2 New Message to Hyuka

CrackheadTae:
i miss you
do you want to hang out?

Hyuka:
sorry
im hanging out with mia rn

CrackheadTae:
oh.
Seen 11:49 a.m.

Later that day

2 New Messages to Hyuka

CrackheadTae:
hey babe
are you free right now ?
Seen 6:46 p.m.

CrackheadTae:
babe?

Hyuka:
we're kinda busy
-mia ;)
———————

I didn't know what to say or do. How could Kai do this to me? I thought he loved me? It couldn't possibly be what I was thinking, right?

But he could. Why else would he leave me on seen, and then hang out with Mia all day, just to have her send me some stupid message about how they're "busy". He doesn't let anyone touch his phone but me, so why did he let her text me from it?

I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't notice the tears streaming down my face. I trust him with everything I have, so why did I have a really bad feeling about this? I know he would never do anything to hurt me, but why was I doubting that right now?

After some time, there was some knocking on my bedroom door. When I got up to open it, it was Beomgyu. His eyes were red and swollen, just like mine. I didn't know why he was so upset, but all I could do was hug him.

"Tae," he said looking up at me, "What's wrong why are you crying?" He looked as if he'd been hurt worse than me, yet he still asked what happened to me. What did I do to deserve such amazing friends?

"Don't worry, Gyu," I said reassuringly, "I'm fine, but what's wrong with you?"

"I got into a fight with my mom." He said, letting out a sob. "S-she hit me." He lifted up his shirt, to show multiple purple and black spots on his stomach. I placed my hand on one of the bruises, hearing him whimper in pain.

"Gyu, I'm so sorry." I hugged him tightly, as if my life depended on it. "Please stay with me. It's much safer, and I promise to make sure nothing happens to you."

He let go of me, looking me in my eyes. He waited a few seconds before nodding his head in agreement. I smiled and hugged him again. All of a sudden, my phone started ringing. It was a call from Kai. I turned my phone off, making Beomgyu look at me with confusion.

"Aren't you going to answer?" He asked, clearly very confused. I quickly explained everything to him, making him pull me into a hug.

"I'll always be here for you." He said, and at that moment, I know that this living arrangement was going to be one of the best things to happen to the both of us in a while.