Chapter 3

Happy reading

Chapter 3- Him

He be the man.

He was.

He is.

And will be.

He was the man every girl would dream of having in her arms forever. Well built physique, with the height of 6'5, face with zero humor. But, he had a sense of humour. Marble cut features, that had the magic of making every girl fall for him.

Every girl wanted a bad boy.

He was rude. He had things done the way he wanted. He never believed in love and commitment. He only wanted physical pleasure, but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to do it.

It was common for an Alpha to have flings, but that could bring a lot of drifts when the Alpha found his mate in the future. Intimacy was supposed to saved for your one and only and some broke that and it hurt the other half, which would hurt them back to see their mate in pain. That was the reason why most wolves kept themselves pure till they found their mate.

He was twenty seven years old. Had a lot of on and off relationships that had his pack members frowning. But they couldn't question him. He was their Alpha.

He all the abilities to find a mate, but he didn't. He just didn't try harder. Which is what everyone thought. But it wasn't that. It was his fear. Fear of losing a loved one. He had seen his father break down nine years ago. His mother had died of illness. It was not just illness. She died while fighting to save her pack. His father couldn't take it. He broke down. He wasn't who he was after she died. Everything changed. He wasn't in the state of taking up the duty of being . That's why Arjun given the duty of being an Alpha at the tender age of eighteen. But still, he had to prove himself and his abilities.

He did it well. With Neil by side nothing was impossible. They were the best of friends. Though they were cousins, they were more of friends. Till time came. He stated to hate Neil. Neil was the Beta of the pack. The Elders had asked Arjun to handover the Alpha position as Neil had found his mate. But he refused. He had worked so hard for it. And Dia, their baby sister and the only daughter to the high ranking family was a handful for both of them. They both loved their sister to infinity's. They could kill for her. Dia was the best tracker of her pack. Arjun was against her being the tracker as they had a lot of rivals.

Arjun hated the thing that his sister had a friend from the rival pack. She called her her best friend. It didn't matter if she was the daughter of the Alpha and a high ranking wolf. She was a rival and that was all that he could see. They were the Chandramaas. He hated them. He was surprised that they didn't harm her till now, knowing that she was from the rival pack.

He hated that he felt the pull towards her. The mate bond. They had met once and it did not go well. Her scent had him wrapped him around her finger. It had hit him in a whoosh and he wanted to kick himself and destiny for having felt the pull towards her. He had called her names and his wolf hated him for it. He had hurt their mate. He did it all to push her away. He didn't want her. He didn't want his enemy to be the love of his life. But he was glad that she didn't reject him. Happier that he didn't reject her either.

He found it very tough to keep his wolf under control. His wolf was very much desperate for her. Having found her and keeping away from her hurt his wolf the most. This was one of the reason for his aggressiveness to grow higher. His human side didn't want a mate, but his wolf just wanted her in their arms forever.

His age playing a factor too. Wolves didn't age as fast as humans. They can be three hundred years old and still look twenty five. But they were not immortal.