Fight

King didn't know what to say to Ram.

Only Bohn had ever seen him have a panic attack before and that was in the early days of university when the sudden workload was more than King was mentally prepared to handle.

Ram was a different story.

King never was confident on what to say to Ram, since there was too much that could go wrong.

One misspoken sentence would make Ram return to ignoring the senior entirely.

He breathed out heavily and tried to distract himself from worrying about Ram's reactions. He glanced around the junior's room.

There was not a picture that didn't have a dog in it. There was one with Ram, his brother, their parents, and all three huskies. They looked happy, or as happy as Ram could look without giving a full smile.

It reminded King of his own family.

He and his sister got along well, having been raised extremely close by a hardworking mother both were eager to repay.

His sister had made her proud by getting married to someone she loved that was successful.

King was determined to make his mother proud through his own grades.

King's eyes landed on the dogs. He stared at the three for a moment before a single, dry laugh left his strained throat.

He should've known that Ram had dogs. When they first met, he had books in front of him about dogs. His black tie always had dog hair on it, no matter how many times Ram rolled it flat with a lint roller.

He knew, therefore, that Ram's dogs were tame.

The one that had gnawed at his calf bones when he was a child had been a stray dog, wild with disease and driven by hunger.

He never wanted to see something like that again, nor did he want to feel it.

His violent reaction to Ram's dogs was not something he had been anticipating. It had been bad enough that Ram had forgotten to tell him he had dogs, but to have them surprise King was more than his heart wanted to handle.

"P'King?" Ram questioned softly, stepping into the room.

King looked with a smile at Ram and took his fanny pack and his papers from the junior.

"You've just earned yourself two weeks' worth of notes," King teased, sitting back on the bed and flipping through the papers in his hand.

Ram stayed put and offered him the glass of water. He stared at King until he noticed.

King looked at him confused, but took the glass and thanked him again before he turned back to his work.

Ram bit back his frustration.

There was no reason to be frustrated with his senior. King says known for being hardworking, so it would be obvious that he wanted to start working again.

It seemed that the senior never took a break. At the very least, he would merely slow down to the speed of everyone else.

With one last look at his senior, Ram left the room and stayed in the living room. He'd brought his senior here so he could study, so he could work, there was no reason to watch him and dote on him when he didn't want it.

------------------------------------

King stretched his arms back in exhaustion, falling back against Ram's soft bed. He was tired, his eyes heavy, and he certainly didn't have the energy to find a way back to Bohn's house.