Chapter 17 ~ Picture with a Word

Ashley's P.O.V

My back ached. I slept in and I turned around to find the Ryan and Eric having their breakfast. Hmm..the smell of omelette. I quickly rushed to the bathroom to freshen up before eating. I came outside the bathroom to find Ryan already putting omelette on my plate.

"Good morning! I bought omelette and I put it on your plate because someone here is a eater". he signaled at Eric.

"Good morning", I sat down as Ryan stood up.

My mouth wide open, he looked at me sadly.

"I'm sorry love. You woke up late and I was hungry", he sadly smiled at me, " but did you sleep night last night?" he said, throwing the plastic in the bin.

"Yeah", he looked at me curiously, " Don't ask. It's a long story".

I took a bite of the omelette. My goodness! It was amazing with the tomato ketchup on top.

"Well, some people here like to talk to nobody in the dark", Eric chipped in.

He can never stop making remarks. I so wanted to say something but last night's incident stopped my mouth from moving. I shoved all the the left over omelette in my mouth. I tried so hard to chew it. 'Why do I do all this stupid stuff?', I asked myself.

"I'll be in the 'office' if you need me", Ryan said before entering the bathroom.

I wanted to laugh yet I didn't wanted to choke. Once Ryan was out of sight, Eric cleared his throat. Was he trying to get my attention? Because it was working.

"Did you forget I had something of yours? Don't you want it back?" he said, trying to make an eye contact which I was avoiding.

I finally managed to finish all the food in my mouth. I put my hands on my lap and took a deep breath of frustration.

"Look Eric, I know you have my necklace and you know it's my fave. So will you just give it back already". I let all my frustration out.

He leaned back in the chair, "if you want it so badly, come and get it yourself".

I tightly closed my fist, trying to control my temper. I'm trying my best to stay away from him but he is making me get close to him. I don't care now. I'm going to get my necklace at any cost. I stood up and went to stand beside him.

"Well, where is it?" I held my right hand out.

He looked down and tapped his front pocket of the jeans. He is gotta be kidding me. I feel like killing him but that would not end well. He stood up and kept on eating. Thank goodness. At least his mouth is occupied this time.

"Did you really have to wear skinnies?" I asked him, trying to to locate my necklace.

My hands went down in his pocket as I looked up and stared him in the eyes. It was blue and it might be the first time I noticed it. I saw a figure from the corner of my eye which made me move my eyes from his.

That's when I see Kathy disappear into the thin air. Did I take drugs? Because I think I'm hallucinating! I yelled in Eric's ear and at the same time felt the my necklace and pulled it out. Eric moved back.

"Are you trying to make me deaf? If you are, it's working", he held his right ear.

Oh shit!

"I'm sor-"

My phone cut me off.

Adriana's P.O.V

It has been two hours since I called Ashley. She came just a minute ago and since then no one had a chance to open their mouth.

"So you guys found anything?" he looked at us.

Finally, she is giving us a chance to talk.

"We found-" Abree started, but cut off by Ashley.

"Wait! First, I'm going to make it clear whatever I got is is the 'bomb'"

Abree glared at Ashley which made her stop.

"Well, we found out that the lover boy, Stefan is married".

"And what is more shocking, is that he is married to ....wait for it...", he tried to build the suspense as Sean punched him on the arm, " Miss Katherine Mars A.K.A Mrs Katherine Ward".

I could hear some gasps in the room. Well, maybe just one. It all makes sense now. So my information connects to Abree's findings.

"Katherine had a daughter at the same year as we were born. So there is a possibility that she might be alive", I added as everyone's eyes were firmly placed on me.

"It was said that her daughter died when she have birth", James joined me, "But we do have a picture of Katherine".

James took out a picture and gave it to Eric.

Ashley must have lost her patience as she grabbed the picture out of Eric's hand. She turned around the picture and looked surprised than ever.

"Kathy?" she mumbled.

Kathy? Who is she? Does Ashley know her? Or is it one of her pranks?