006

chaejin pov
class was just like any other day . i would sleep in class and the teachers would not care . it was good though . i love sleeping . but today i was just thinking what my parents were talking about . honestly i didn't want to go . i rather spend time with my friends than go that boring meeting .

time skip to after school

chaejin pov
after school i just went home , and to see my parents sitting in the living room all dressed up . " chaejin , i put a dress on your bed , i want you to wear that and put in some make up to doll up . i don't want you to ruin our reputation," mom said as she fiddled with the straps of her handbag . i nodded and went up.

what amazed me was that such a dress actually existed in this household . as far as i know , i preferred wearing jeans or long pants to dress or skirts.

(credits go to respective owners)

after dressing up i went downstairs. " mom , since when did we have this dress?"i asked as i sat on the sofa . " it is new , furthermore, we need to have a good reputation. this is very important, come on , let's be on our way ," she said as she stood up and walked towards the door . a reputation huh . i wonder what she really is talking about .

1 hour later we arrived at a white painted mansion , it was just as big as ours but no matter what it still looked nicer in the outside. after stepping into the house, we were greeted by a family in the living room . the family consisted of a father , mother and a son.

"hello ," the mother stood up and greeted . i bowed and my mom walked forward and engulfed the mother into a hug . they broke the hug and than said, "this is my daughter chaejin,"i gave an awkward smile and bowed again.
" this is my son , jihun,"the mother introduced. the boy bowed awkwardly .
" come , sit down , make yourself at home,"the mother gestured . we all sat down .

" chaejin, jihun , we have invited both of you here to announce something important. it is that we have arranged a marriage for you guys when you turn 21 . the both of you will be getting married," my mom said .

upon hearing the news , my eyes widen . i could not believe what i was hearing. " mom , why ? why do you always decide what i do," i shouted as i stood up.
" chaejin honey, calm down ,"dad said as he tried to clam me down.
" you can decide my education , my job , but the one thing you can't decide for me is my love life," i said and ran out of the house .

" wait , chaejin!"my mom shouted from behind . but i simply keep running until i reached a park.i stayed there and started crying , i had everything in my life but the one thing i don't have is freedom . yes , i am able to hang out with my friends , sleep in class , but it is my future they were deciding , i don't want to be with some random man i don't have feelings for .

after some time , i look d around and spotted something . xxxxx street . this is near minhee's house . i stood up and explored a round to see if i could find his house . i've been there quite a few times .

to my delight , i actually found it . the house was painted baby blue and it looks pretty much modern from the outside.

i gathered up all my courage and knocked . a few moments later , the door opened , revealing minhee's sister, minyoung (we don't know if minhee really has a sister in real life but let's just assume he has a sister in this story).

"hello unine , is minhee at home?" i asked . " oh my god chaejin , what are you doing here alone all dressed up , come in ," minyoung said with a bright smile.

she gestured me to sit down on the sofa while she went upstairs . i sat there awkwardly and looked around . it has been quite long since i came here .

minyoung than walked downstairs and said she told minhee i was here . she walked into the kitchen and poured a glass of water for me . " thanks , unnie ," i said as i took the glass of water .

" so , why are you here ?" she asked . " i ran away from home , my parents arranged a marriage for me , but i don't want to marry some random dude i don't know ,"i said . " that's harsh,"she said as she patted my shoulder.

moments later, a person came down .

a/n: new chapter again . feel free to comment and tell me my rooms for improvement 😊