Chapter Six

"Becky!" Ali calls out as she approaches her room. She opens the door and walks in, "we just saw his car pull up."

"How do I look?" Becky asks nervously as she turns away from the mirror.

"Gorgeous." Ali takes her a hand and pulls her into the living room. "Let me pour you some wine. Ease your nerves." Ali takes the bottle of moscato and pours wine into Becky's glass just as the doorbell goes off.

"Who should get the door?" Carla whispers.

"I'll go. That way when he walks in he has to come over to say hi to Becky." Ali responds softly.

Becky rolls her eyes and begins talking in a normal tone, "Isn't this a bit dramatic? We don't need to make this a big deal. He's just coming over to hang out with all three of us."

"Shhh!" they say in sync.

Ali calmly walks to the door while Becky tries her best not to skull her wine out of nervousness. Her worries almost fade away when she hears Joel's laugh as he walks into the room. She doesn't even turn her head to look at him, she waits until he is all but standing in front of her.

"I brought you some wine." he smiles. Becky stands up from the couch kissing Joel hello, and as she pulls away he brings her into a warm embrace. "Don't worry, it's moscato." he jokes, setting it down on the coffee table.

"Thanks." she smiles, "Do you want a glass?"

"No I'm good."

"What was the point of you joining our girls night if you aren't going to drink wine?" Carla almost scolds.

They all laugh at her response. Joel was sitting next to Becky, they had a whole couch but he was almost pressed against her side. Joel throws his hands up in defeat against Clara. "Look watch," he takes Becky's glass from her hands and sips on the wine. "Happy now?" he looks at Carla handing Becky her wine.

The four of them spend their time laughing and talking while they watch a movie. It takes a while for them to finish the film because they have to keep rewinding it, their laughing fits or discussions distracting them. Once it finishes they sit around talking a little more until Carla stands up to leave.

"I think I have to call it a night. You coming Joel?"

Joel turns his head to Becky for a split second, "I might stay a little longer."

"Uhh, I'll let you out and then I might even go to bed." Ali stands letting Joel and Becky be alone.

"Okay." Becky responds, finishing her third glass of wine.

She lays her head against the back of the couch slouched down. She was definitely tipsy, Carla and Ali were hoping that it meant Becky would be a little more flirty around Joel.

"Are you tired?" he asks when Ali and Carla are out of the room. Joel slouches in the same way that Becky does but turns his head so he is looking at her.

"No. Well, yes. I'm happy for you to stay though." Becky turns her head to Joel.

"You're happy for me to stay or you want me to stay?" he asks flirtatiously.

"You've had too much wine." she giggles.

"No, I've had one glass, you have had too much wine!" he moves closer to her. His face hovers just above hers and he looks into her eyes, close to her lips. Becky looked at him with slight shock, she couldn't believe that Joel was in this position over her. First Zabdiel and now this. It was all too much for her. Joel wants to lean over that little bit further and kiss her but he's worried that if he does it when she's drunk it would be against her will. The realisation hits him all at once and he moves away from her, standing up quickly. He can't make a move while she's drunk. "I should go." he furrows his eyebrows and Becky follows his movements standing up as well. "Yeah, yeah. I should leave." A look of guilt crosses his face and before Becky can stop him, he's out the door. A look of confusion crosses Becky's face but she's too tired and tipsy to care. The heat that their almost kiss brought her, drags her to her bedroom fumbling around to find her vibrator.

"What happened?" Ali asks walking into the room. "I just saw him driving off."

"I don't know." she shrugs. "I just want to sleep. I've had two friends almost kiss me today and I'm too tipsy to be thinking about it."

"He tried to kiss you? Oh my gosh, I have to call Clara."

"Well he was very close, like he was about to kiss me." Becky finally finds it and pulls it out of the draw, in sight to both of them.

Ali starts laughing, "You're that hot and bothered by the two kisses huh?"

Becky looks back, "something like that."

"I'll leave you to it." Ali comments walking out of the room.