Chapter Twenty Five

The next morning comes quickly and Becky is awoken by the sun peaking through the curtains. She groans loudly as she pulls the blankets higher above her head in an attempt to block the sun. She hears the door open slightly and a small noise on the bedside table next to her. She begins to notice the way the sheets feel against her and quickly the familiarity of the flannel wakes her up more than the sun. She didn't have flannel sheets on her bed, at least not during this time of the year. She waited until she was positive that Joel had left the room and she turned around seeing he had left some advil and a coffee. Her face softened but the memories of last night flooded her brain adding to her already pounding headache.

Quickly she took the advil in hopes of soothing her racing mind as she tiptoed around the room in order to gather her belongings. She didn't have much, just her handbag and phone. She pressed her ear to the door, listening for any movement on the other side. When she was positive that she could sneak out without Joel seeing her she opened the door, careful to make sure it wouldn't creak and ran out of the apartment. She continued to run until she reached a few blocks over, once she felt she was safe and away from Joel she ordered an Uber.

She wasn't sure what was running through her head, she just knew she needed to talk to her best friends before she came to a final decision about Joel. On her way home she texted Ali and Clara.

'Emergency, girl chat. Meet at home in 10.'

As soon as she pulled up to the apartment, she saw Clara stepping out of her car.

"What's going on? Date went well I assume," she winked looking Becky up and down noticing she was still wearing the outfit the three girls carefully selected.

"What? No, very bad." They walked through the door together, Ali immediately waiting with coffee for all of them. Ali and Clara watched Becky waiting for her to spill. Taking a deep breath Becky began to speak. "The date went badly, I had a bit too much to drink and on my way home," Becky took another deep breath throwing her hands over her face.

"On your way home..." Clara urged her to continue.

"On my way home I ended up at Joel's."

Becky ended her sentence knowing that the girls would have a reaction to her confession. Both girls gasped looking to each other as smiles widened on their face, Ali bit her bottom lip to keep her mouth from smiling too much and Clara's eyes were brighter.

"And?" they said simultaneously.

"I almost kissed him but he stopped it. Said something like if I wouldn't let him do it sober he won't do it when I'm drunk. He said he wanted to get back together sober."

"W-why did you go to his apartment?" Ali questioned. "You've been saying for months that you're over him."

"We all know that I lied." Becky grunted, "I just feel like I should never forgive him for what he did." Becky pulled on her hair annoyed. She was sick of crying but she could feel her eyes welling up with tears.

"Honey," Clara sighed walking over so she could wrap an arm around her. She rested her cheek on Becky's head, rubbing her arm softly. "If you forgive him then you forgive him. Don't worry about anyone else. If you want to be with him, be with him."

Ali pushed Becky's coffee closer to her encouraging her to drink, "So after you tried to kiss him what happened?"

"I was going to come home but I slept in his bed, he went to the guest room. I snuck out this morning." Becky speaks plainly as if all she said was totally normal.

"You snuck out?" Clara asked.

Becky nodded embarrassed. As Clara opened her mouth to tell her off they heard fists banging on the door.