Chapter 5

Here's the thing about depression, when you're in a really bad place, the emotions are terrifyingly strong. Anxiety can paralyze you, tears feel like you're drowning. Once you are in the dark pit, you just sit there and stew. At this point, you can't even cry. You're just sitting there as the negatives increase and the hatred overwhelms you and your head feels like it's going to explode, until. You can't take it anymore. The thing about depression is it can make a lost penny turn into suicide. Depression is a battle, a constant fight with yourself. You are sitting there with your arms tied behind your back underwater while you're being told to swim. And while you're trying to swim everyone around you is telling you you can't do it and you should give up and how pathetic you are for not being able to swim...

So this one little thing was a build-up of so many things that pushed her over the edge. Olivia was fighting a battle and losing to the voices in her head screaming "You just aren't enough". When you live like that, nothing ever is enough, and sooner or later. You break.

Olivia didn't feel the small tear droplets that rolled down her cheeks, they only lasted a few minutes. For those few moments, everything was gone. There was only emptiness. So, she opened the door.

Liam looked at her with a stone-cold expression. "You never meant anything to me. You were a mistake and I was just too nice to tell you. I'm sorry."

Lucas at this point had heard the commotion and made his way into the room.

Olivia looked up at him one last glimmer of hope in her eyes. "Please tell me you're joking. I know you care about me."

Liam turned away "I couldn't care less if you were dead or alive."

Lucas slapped Liam at these words.

"How dare you say that". He shoved past Liam and went to hug Olivia.

Olivia backed away. "I want everybody out. Now."

Lucas stepped back. "Wha-"

"Now"