4

It had already been three weeks since Win arrived at their resort and he was enjoying every bit of it. He had this routine going on for quite some time now; he would jog early in the morning and breathe in some fresh air and his afternoons were either spent on the beach or at home. Either way, Bright would be there with him. He found it unusual at first how Bright clinged to him as if he was a magnet and Bright was iron fillings. He got used to it somehow, a little bit thankful that the other guy was accompanying him. He didn't have many friends around the beach; most of the people he knew were workers and he couldn't ask them to spend time with him because they have their own responsibilities too. As a matter of fact, Win was enjoying Bright's company. Bright was easy going, funny and comical. Win knew that somehow, without the other, he'd be bored to death by now.

"When are you going home?" Win asked one afternoon as they were playing some mobile games.

"Are you bored with me already?" Bright replied without looking up, his fingers still working on killing their enemy on the mobile game they were playing.

"No, silly. I mean, it's been almost a month. Are you gonna spend the whole summer here?"

"Why not? You're here. That's good enough for me."

And Win would feel it again, that unknown feeling every time Bright spit out nonsense things like that. His stomach would turn and he would feel funny. Warmth would spread on his chest and he would involuntarily smile. He didn't know what was causing the sudden euphoria and he's been trying to figure it out for some time now but he was still clueless. He had never felt this way before.

Maybe I'm sick, he would sometimes think. I gotta go and see a doctor if this continues.

In his first month on the resort, he tried to try every new beach activity. Bright was very adventurous and was very impulsive; the moment he saw someone doing something he hadn't done before or riding something he hadn't ridden before, he would instantly grab Win and drag him to try it out with him. Win didn't mind it though. He was here to enjoy his summer and soak his skin under the sun. He made a mental note to buy more bottles of sunscreen or else he'd get sunburn, though a little tan looks good on him.

"Win, your cousin will arrive today. Can you welcome him? We need to go to another town. Please tell him to feel totally at home."

It was the first thing he heard right after he went downstairs to get some breakfast. He just returned from his early morning jog and he showered first before grabbing some food.

"Sure mae. You and por take care," He said. He was used to it already, how his parents were away almost everyday. Their business was progressing over the years and they needed to catch up with a lot of things if they wanted to accommodate such a large number of tourists and guests.

He kissed his mom goodbye and listened to the sound of the engine car starting and watched his parents drive away. As soon as he finished his breakfast, he went out to meet Bright. It had already become an unspoken agreement to meet each other everyday and Win, as weird as it was, wouldn't want it the other way.

"My cousin's coming today," He said as he sat down beside Bright, their bodies facing towards the ocean. They heard some cute laughter from the little children that were playing not so far away from them.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, his parents are sort of busy too with their business. He even practically grew up with me though we haven't seen each other for like, almost a year now," He explained.

"That's cool. Invite him tonight, let's grab some drinks. Man and Boss are back and they're staying longer this time."

Win remembered Bright's friends. He went out with them during that beach party a month ago. He didn't see them after that night; he wanted to thank them for accompanying him and looking out for his drunk self. As drunk as he was, he could still vaguely remember Boss' silly moves which made his drunk ass laugh out loud.