3.

Despite constant reminders that Annabeth could always take her time to heal, she had gotten a job at Dunkin Donuts. It wasn't enough for her to get an apartment, or a car, but Percy didn't mind. In fact, he enjoyed her company more than he probably should have.

      "Hey, roomie!"

      Percy smiled as he listened to Annabeth set her bags down in the living room, then walk into Percy's room. He laid flat on his stomach, typing out a quick message to his buddy Jason.

      "Hey," he replied, setting his phone down. Annabeth poked Percy's back.

      "I brought Wendy's."

      He sat up immediately, accidentally pushing Annabeth over in the process. Her head landed softly on the pillow next to Percy, and he shifted to stare down at her.

      "Did you get the-"

      "Spicy chicken nuggets?" she finished. "Yeah."

      Percy raised an eyebrow. He was so incredibly happy, but he wondered how she had coincidentally gotten his favorite item on the menu.

      "Remember that party at Jason's house a few weeks ago?" she asked. Percy blushed, nodding shyly.

      Yeah, he remembered. He remembered Annabeth holding the back of his neck as she leaned in closer and closer and closer until they were kissing, more passionately than usual. He remembered how she had pulled back after a few minutes to smile at him, and how his heart had been pounding because she looked so good that night.

      He swallowed. "Um, yeah," he said. "Yeah, I remember."

      Annabeth rolled her eyes like she knew what he was thinking. "Well, when you got drunk that night, I drove you home. You kept asking for the spicy chicken nuggets."

      Percy's face split into a grin. "You remembered that?"

      She smirked. "Well, one of us had to stay sober."

      She was sober...

      "Hey, you coming or what?" Annabeth said. Percy blinked before realizing that he had spaced out, and she was already at the door. He followed her into the kitchen and silently wondered how many other times she had been sober during their makeout sessions.

      As they ate, Percy couldn't help stealing glances at Annabeth. He wished he had asked her out sooner.

      If he asked her out now, it'd be a selfish, arrogant move. If she said no, she would have no place to go. Besides, Percy knew that Annabeth wouldn't let him live with the embarrassment of her rejection facing him everyday. God, if only he had realized that he actually had feelings for her-

      "Since when are you so quiet?" Annabeth teased. Her gray eyes sparkled. Percy smirked.

      "Just thinking."

      "Of?"

      "Kim Kardashian."

      Annabeth's eyes widened. She slapped his arm. "Percy!"

      "What?"

      She lowered her voice down to a whisper, even went as far as tilting her head downwards, even though no one else was in the apartment except for them two. "Are you seriously getting horny over Kim as we eat?"

      Percy's ears reddened. "You know how I feel about that word."

      Annabeth gasped. "You are!"

      "Okay!" Percy cried out, slamming his palms on the table and standing up from his bar stool. "We are officially establishing rules."

      "Rules?" she repeated, crossing her arms. He nodded, trying to think of anything that wasn't that word. He hated how...nasty it sounded.

      "Number one; no using that word. It makes me want to die inside of a cave with a bear eating away at my lungs."

      Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Can we add 'buying enough milk for two' to the list?"

      Percy scrunched up his face in confusion. "What does that even mean?"

      "It means that you keep buying those half-assed milk cartons. Just buy a jug like a man."

      "Are you seriously basing my masculinity on what type of milk container I buy?"

      She nodded, a smug expression on her smooth face. Percy sighed loudly.

      "Fine. Also, number three has to be no showers over thirty minutes long."

      "But I pay the water bill," Annabeth argued.

      "And I have a job to get to at 8 a.m. which I can't shower for because somebody finds pleasure in working out in the morning and then showering for an hour."

      Annabeth hesitated for a moment before letting out a deep breath. "Alright."

      Percy smiled. "Okay. We have our rules. If there's any more, we can add them on later." He stuffed his face with three chicken nuggets, and Annabeth watched him fondly. Her eyes quickly darted away, but Percy noticed.

      It's nothing, he told himself. Just eat your chicken nuggets, big guy.

heyyy
i can't even say anything without addressing the fact that you guys are so amazing. 500 reads in 2 days? i literally-
writing this is so much fun, and all the support is just INCREDIBLE. I LOVE U ALL
p.s. don't forget to vote:) hehe