17.

Percy woke up to the smell of bacon, which really helped lift his spirits.

      He didn't even get a chance to enjoy the sunshine leaking through his curtains before he recalled the night prior. He remembered the fear of Annabeth moving out, the decision to tell her that Luke was cheating (maybe).

      Annabeth popped her head into the bedroom, pancake batter on her shirt. She waved excitedly and said, "goodmorning, Sleeping Beauty."

      Percy smirked. "Well, I can't argue with the beauty part."

      Annabeth rolled her eyes and walked back into the kitchen. Percy got up from his bed, rubbed his eyes in an attempt to get rid of his headache, and followed her.

      The kitchen table had a stack of delicious-looking pancakes, fresh fruit, and a ton of bacon.

      "Why the feast?" Percy asked. Annabeth smiled tiredly, leaning on the kitchen counter. She looked like she had been up tossing and turning, too.

      "Woke up early," she replied. "Besides, you seem kinda down lately."

      He shook his head no, as if he hadn't just stayed up all night thinking about how much he loved her.

      Annabeth gave him a knowing look, then sat in the bar stool next to him. They ate in silence; partly because the food was amazing and they were both eating it like pigs, but also because Percy was wondering if he should tell Annabeth about Luke cheating.

      He gathered up his courage and said, "hey, Beth."

      She turned to look at him, and with one glance at her face, Percy knew he couldn't do it. Her eyes were sparkling like stars, her smile was real, not the fake one she'd worn for months. Her facial features seemed relaxed. He couldn't ruin her happiness.

      "Yeah?" she asked.

      Percy sighed, a little too hard. He was sure Annabeth heard it. "Nothing," he said. "This is just really good."

      She smiled again, and her face even seemed to glow. Percy's heart throbbed whenever he was around her, but when she looked like that, he just couldn't stop staring at her.

;;;

      Percy had already decided to keep Luke's secret to himself. Unfortunately, things don't always go as planned.

      During lunch, Annabeth got a call. Her phone illuminated with the name: Luke and a smiley face. Percy smirked. He knew that Annabeth had him as: Seaweed Brain with a blue heart (blue was his favorite color).

      "I'm sorry," she said. She swiped to answer the call and said, "hey, Luke," and walked into the bedroom.

      He wants her out of here, Percy thought. This is our last day together.

      A few minutes later, Annabeth walked into the kitchen again, not nearly as happy as before.

      "Luke's coming over in an hour," she said.

      Annabeth seemed a little reluctant, like she didn't really want to see Luke. Percy decided it was the perfect time to tell her the truth.

      "Beth..." he said. "There's something I need to tell you. It's about Luke."

      She turned to look at him. He expected for her to be calm, or even smiling as she was earlier. Instead, a single, heartbreaking tear rolled down her right eye.

      "I already know," she said. "He's cheating on me."

i think it's thursday?? i'm honestly not sure anymore
don't forget to vote:)