Party

"You a bad girl, and your friends bad too
You got the swag sauce, she dripping swagu"
Party-Beyonce

"Jazmine, why you didn't go to school?" My mom, Jennifer,  asked standing in the mirror brushing her hair with a pink wig brush that sat on my vanity mirror

"Jazmine, why you didn't go to school?" My mom, Jennifer, asked standing in the mirror brushing her hair with a pink wig brush that sat on my vanity mirror.

"I don't feel good" I mumbled lowly turning into another comfortable position in my full sized bed.

"Girl, that's your excuse once a month" My mom said louder this time rolling her eyes at me as I watched her through the mirror.

"Mom, really? I'm trying to sleep" I said now getting out of the bed irritated.

"I'm trying to figure out why you ain't take your black ass to school" she asked again this time flipping her long wavy weave over her shoulders.

"I had bad cramps" I lied. I didn't know why she was making a big deal today like it wasn't Friday. I wasn't missing nothing but a movie and some follow up questions, "I ain't missing nothing. I'll just ask Cam for his notes" I said backing referring to my Bestfriend Camryn.

Both of our moms met in college, and basically raised us as cousins as they both stayed in Philly after they graduated. Cam was basically another older brother for me seemingly as I already had four.

I walked into the kitchen with my mom on my heels. I sat on the stool at the breakfast island while my mom went to the fridge getting leftovers from dinner out.

"Can you cook me breakfast?" I asked. She did a little laugh before answering no.

"You're sixteen, make your own breakfast" she said putting her food in the microwave.

"I'm almost seventeen and If my dad was here, he would had made me breakfast. Girl, that why I like him better." I said rolling my eyes

"I like him better too, especially when he does that thing with his tongue " she said smiling knowing that I hated when she talked about sex with my dad. I put my hands over my ear until she was finished talking.

I loved that my parents were still so in love til this day as they were when they met but hearing about their sexual experiences was a no for me.

My parents met in Philadelphia. My dad was a big time drug dealer from the city. Nobody couldn't tell him that he wasn't the man. He had the city and the tri-state area on locked. At the tender of twenty-one he already had three kids; Jade, Jayceon, and Jaycee by three different women. He stood at 6'4, brown-skinned, a bunch of tattoos, and a swag that would catch any girl's eye.

My mom was from Atlanta. A 20-year old junior pursuing a degree in nursing at University of Pennsylvania. A chocolate goddess. Smooth chocolate skin, black wavy hair that was mid length. Stood about 5'9 with a slim waist and a big ole booty. Not only did she have the looks, she had intelligence and an attitude. My dad say that's what really attracted him to my mom. That she was always focused on her goals. He said that she really motivated him to be better. Together they had five kids; The twins Justin & Tasha, Logan, Me, and Erica.