Quidditch trials

Albus, just as Aiden had done, leapt onto his Bullet and zoomed into the clear autumn sky. He watched the golden Snitch which was shining in the gentle sun being released and waited until he saw slightest glint and pounced. The snitch was on the left hand side of the stadium, above the Gryffindor flags. Albus was getting closer; he was leaning forwards so much, that his chest was touching his top of the range bullet which he had begged and begged for his eleventh birthday.

"Please can I have this one," asked Albus.

"No," said Ginny firmly "have this one. The Nimbus 2501."

"But that's rubbish," wailed Albus "I want the Bullet! James got his first choice!"

"Yes but James's first choice didn't cost a thousand Galleons!" exclaimed Harry.

"Go on then you can have a Firebolt 1 ,"sighed Ginny.

"No! No! I want the Bullet!" moaned Albus.

"You buy it then because we're not," Ginny told him.

"I only have ninety six Galleons though. You have more than me," grumbled Albus

.
"None of that cheekiness Albus. I have a deal to make with you," said Harry.

"Whats the deal? He doesn't deserve it!" said Ginny "He's to spoilt. When I was young, I used to get the cheapest Broom possible!"

"Yes I know," said Harry "But this a deal."

Harry turned to Albus.

"If you give me all your ninety-six Galleons, are good for the rest of the week and wait until Second Year to get you owl, then you can have you Bullet. Fair?"

Albus reluctantly shook his father's hand keeping head down to hide his triumphant smirk.

"That's that then," said Harry, shooing Albus to the door.

And now Albus was riding his Bullet for a place on the Gryffindor Quidditch team.
Albus reached out his hand to grab the Snitch and grasped it with his clammy hands.

"Well done!" congratulated Sam "You will be considered for the team."

"Thanks," replied Albus.

After waiting a while Scorpius's name was called out. He was going to try for the seeker too. When he heard his name being called out he slid the zip of his broomstick and took out a Nimbus 2501. He carefully sat on it and then steadily flew into the air. Sam, once again, released the Snitch and Scorpious took off. Albus had never seen anyone fly so well besides Harry and Ginny when they were playing for the National League in 2012. He was like an eagle hunting for his prey. Albus was sure that Scorpious was going to get the place on the team as he stretched his left arm out to take the Snitch; but that didn't happen, instead he went plummeting to the ground.
The large crowd of Gryffindors and teachers gasped as he hit the hard ground in an ungraceful heap. No one moved until Professor McGonagall anxiously rushed on to the pitch to check him.

"He's unconscious," Albus heard her say "Take him to Madam Pomfrey."

Professor McGonagall and Professor Longbottom took Scorpious to Madam Pomfrey. The Quidditch trials resumed but there wasn't the same cheering and excitedness as there was before.
After what seemed like an age, the Quidditch trials were over and Sam announced the new house team.

"Keeper," he said "Me. Beaters: Simba Oldfae and Hubert Falser. Chasers: Terrance Layden, Florence Lovegood and Victor Dibble. Seeker: Albus Severus Potter. And may I congratulate everybody for taking part and even if you don't get the place this time, you may get it next time."

Albus grinned. Things seemed to be going his way this year. Just at that moment Albus thought he saw a Patronus, a stag, just like his father's. No, it couldn't be. He was imagining it, no one was there but as he thought this a tall, slim woman stepped out of the hawthorn bushes. She had long, sleek black hair and she was wearing ice white robes. She had deep hazel eyes and a serious expression.
When she saw Albus's emerald green eyes burning into hers like coal on a fire she broke the deafening silence.

"Albus," she said softly "Albus Severus Potter."

Albus slowly started to back away.

"No," she whispered "stay."

Albus stopped in his tracks.

"Why?"

"Albus, you are in grave danger. We are doing everything we can to protect you," she said.

"And?" said Albus.

"I, Cho Chang, have come to take you away," she told him.

"Where?"

"Albus....... What do you know of Riddle House?"

@mention a user