Sapphire of slytherin

"I've got you this time," she drawled nastily.

Albus trembled with terror. If Cho took him somewhere else this time, there would be no way to escape; he needed help and quickly.

"H-h-have y-you," Albus stammered nervously.

Cho looked around the booth, pretending that she was looking for an answer.

"I don't know!" she exclaimed sarcastically and then switching to her normal, soft greasy voice she said "of course you stupid idiot!"

Albus stuck his hands in his pockets, trying to act casual.

"H-how did y-you know that I w-w-was here?" Albus asked in genuine bewilderment.

"Oh Albus! Come on! I know everything! Only a prat would tell you how I do it," said Cho.

*

While Cho was putting on the brave face, making out she was all fierce and scary, inside she was absolutely petrified. For a long time now, she had been watching Albus around Hogwarts and she had been planning this for ages. Last time she had failed but this time she would succeed. If she failed this time it was over. She was over. She had to make it go right this time but the pressure was burning inside her like a heavy weight rested on her shoulders. She slid her silky black hair over her face to hide her emerald green eyes prickling with tears and then spoke.

"I know what you're scared of Albus Severus Potter," said Cho bravely.

"What?"

"Me," she said, laughing a laugh which sounded fake.

"No I'm not," said Albus, attempting confidence.

"Then why are you shaking?" said Cho.

"Because it's snowing outside and I feel the cold easily," lied Albus.

"Liar," said Cho "anyway you need to come with me."

"No. I don't trust you," said Albus walking towards the door of the booth.

"I don't mean any harm," said Cho "honestly."

"I don't believe you!" shouted Albus trying to get away.

"I won't work. I'm not letting you go this time," said Cho.

"Where do you want to take me?" asked Albus "Not Riddle House again!"

"Why not Riddle House may I ask?" said Cho.

" 'cos. Any way it's none of your business," grumbled Albus.

"Alright, alright," said Cho "come with me or I'll kill you. Literally."

"You'd probably try and kill me any way," said Albus.

Cho didn't know what to say to this. Albus was right, she was going to attempt to kill him any way but her way was much easier - all she would do is give him the Sapphire of Slytherin and tell him to give it to McGonnagal to destroy it. Little would he know that any touch of the Sapphire would have the same effect as the Sectumsempra spell only more deadly. Cho hadn't expected Albus to say that; he was obviously braver than he looked.
"No I wouldn't," said Cho sounding anxious "anyway I have something to give to you."
"What is it?" asked Albus.
"Something very important-"
"As if!"
"No, Albus I'm on your side," said Cho.
"No you're not!" roared Albus.
"Please Albus!" begged Cho "I've come to give you the Sapphire of Slytherin."
"Really?" exclaimed Albus "what for?"
"For you to destroy," lied Cho "honestly! When I took you to Riddle House I was meaning to give it to you. I don't want it in this world; I want you to destroy it."
"Oh alright," sighed Albus.
Cho gave a secret smirk when Albus grabbed her arm for a side-along Apparation and just like last time, they were whirled away to Riddle House.

*

From a cupboard, Cho produced an emerald green pouch. Albus suspected that it contained the Sapphire of Slytherin. Cho, with her black leather gloves pulled it out and handed it to Albus. As Albus made contact with it Rose and Hugo walked through the door looking angry.

"Don't touch it Albus!" cried Rose.

But it was too late. Albus had already dropped to the floor, motionless.

Rose knelt beside him. There was nothing she could do. He was dead.